Main Menu

Carlisle ?

Started by anlauto, January 06, 2017, 09:24:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Brought tears to my eyes . . . Nicely done!    I was one of the last members to see him up and around as he made a point to come to my birthday party which was a few days before he passed.  He sat in the corner of the back yard by the pool  . . . I think that was his last trip out of the house.  I few days later, he was gone. 

Truly missed for sure!  Wish I knew then what I know now . . . He could still be with us.    :crying:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Thank you for sharing Viperman.    :andyangel:  We can keep him alive through our memories. 

ViperMan

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 11, 2017, 02:19:04 PM
I reached out to her about 6 months ago.  Has anyone spoken to her recently?

Oh hey Cody I forgot to answer this: Ashley and I keep in touch with her through Facebook very often.  We probably haven't seen her since late last year, but we got together with her and Meghan in Michigan when we were visiting Dave over Thanksgiving.  She was doing - as she always somehow manages to do - great.  Also as I mentioned, we hang out with Meghan a good bit down here in Dayton, and sometimes when Cathy comes down to visit, we make it a point to take them out to dinner.

Meghan is working at the apartment complex she lives at in the Dayton area.  Doug is working for Jolly Pumpkin Ales up in Michigan (lucky duck,) and I'm not entirely sure what their other son Greg is up to.  He unfortunately never showed any interest in the Mopar clubs.  I haven't even seen him since the weekend we worked on Andy's car.

Cathy I think is down to only one or two jobs - I'm a tad sketchy on the details, but I believe she works at an assisted care facility of some kind...  That or a school - I dunno, my memory sucks sometimes...  :)  I know she moved a little while after Andy passed - had to downsize a little, but I've never been to their new place.  I do know that the 'Cuda is safely stored in a garage.

Cathy recently purchased FIVE tickets to the Decade of Carlisle party, which puts her thoroughly in the lead...  :)  She hasn't missed a show since her and Andy started attending, which though I'm a little fuzzy on the year, I believe was 2011 or '12.  But I could be wrong on that one, too.  :)

blown motor

Glad to hear she's going to be at Carlisle!
Prior to Andy's passing she worked as a teacher's assistant. I don't know if she still is.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dmz73

Touching story there Jeff. I had a chance to talk to him before he passed. It was painful, sad and at the same time I was happy to be there for them. I remember so many stories, phone conversations, visits, jokes, pointless conversations, fatherly advice, and doing the swap meet with him and Cathy. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him as one of my greatest friends. He and Cathy always had a great attitude. I remember his wine very well. Still have a good bottle that I intend on bringing down with me one day. ;)
You know i'd love to go- (my brother lives about 20 minutes away), but with my recent surgery, it's a little doubtful. I would love nothing more than to sit down with you all and have a few beverages and regale you with my Andy stories.. lol. Hell, I might even draw some cars, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chryco Psycho

Maybe you could travel with Spikedog ?

anlauto

@Cuda Cody there are more then a few of us here on this board that have vending spots at Carlisle. Maybe you should bring a 1000 business cards or so and us vendors could have them throughout the park at our spots. By the end of the weekend E-Bodies.org will be everywhere  :idea:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ViperMan

Ya know, @Dmz73  - I really wish you'd come to a Carlisle weekend some time.  I'd love to hang out with ya on the fairgrounds.  :)

Cuda Cody

:handshake:  Sounds good.  I'll bring some extra cards.

Quote from: anlauto on June 16, 2017, 05:41:47 AM
@Cuda Cody there are more then a few of us here on this board that have vending spots at Carlisle. Maybe you should bring a 1000 business cards or so and us vendors could have them throughout the park at our spots. By the end of the weekend E-Bodies.org will be everywhere  :idea:

Spikedog08

Quote from: Dmz73 on June 15, 2017, 02:29:31 PM
Touching story there Jeff. I had a chance to talk to him before he passed. It was painful, sad and at the same time I was happy to be there for them. I remember so many stories, phone conversations, visits, jokes, pointless conversations, fatherly advice, and doing the swap meet with him and Cathy. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him as one of my greatest friends. He and Cathy always had a great attitude. I remember his wine very well. Still have a good bottle that I intend on bringing down with me one day. ;)
You know i'd love to go- (my brother lives about 20 minutes away), but with my recent surgery, it's a little doubtful. I would love nothing more than to sit down with you all and have a few beverages and regale you with my Andy stories.. lol. Hell, I might even draw some cars, lol

Here is Andy a few days before he passed . . . we all hoped he would make to Carlisle that year but it just wasn't in the cards . . . and of course Viperboy being silly! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 16, 2017, 08:22:23 AM. . . and of course Viperboy being silly!

And clearly crackin' up the ladies!!!  ;)  lol

Bullitt-

Quote from: ViperMan on June 16, 2017, 08:35:24 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 16, 2017, 08:22:23 AM. . . and of course Viperboy being silly!

And clearly crackin' up the ladies!!!  ;)  lol

A Legend in his own Mind    8)
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

ViperMan

Quote from: Bullitt- on June 19, 2017, 06:11:06 AM
A Legend in his own Mind    8)

But at least in somebody's, huh?!   :D

:smile:

:(

:('

:crying:

Chryco Psycho

You are a big part of the legend of Carlisle , just would not be the same without you Jeff  :banana:

ViperMan

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 19, 2017, 07:37:03 PM
You are a big part of the legend of Carlisle , just would not be the same without you Jeff  :banana:

Aw thanks man, but I'm a schmo compared to the legendary CP!  I still have my mint condition, new-in-box "Chryco Pyscho" autographed Challenger Hotwheel!!  :)