Main Menu

Carlisle ?

Started by anlauto, January 06, 2017, 09:24:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: 1ownr on April 09, 2017, 09:42:27 AM
we're in!  See you all in July, even with the sun, it will be the COOLEST place to be!

Judy & Charlie

Hey that's great news...hope we can hook up again.....I'll be in the same vending spot F104-107 :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 09, 2017, 07:24:43 AM
Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 08, 2017, 07:45:49 PM
Dang, I shoulda posted in this thread! You all gave me the fever to go to Carslile!

Blake, I'm thinking of flying into Baltimore trying to share a ride and room.  I don't think there are any rooms left.

I'm checking on arrangements today. Who knows, you and I may have to team up as the new Hemi swap guys lol  :vipermanhiding: :banana:
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Marc70challenger

Just check our reservations.  And they disappeared ... lol.  Good thing checked them.  Called hotel and squared it away.  Woot.

I'm a create of habit, so staying at Quality Inn ..  :banana:

We get there Wednesday so we can do the Mopar club show (they have it at Carlilse Expo Center) Thursday.  So if anyone is there Thursday, let me know!

Spikedog08

Quote from: Marc70challenger on April 12, 2017, 07:12:45 PM
Just check our reservations.  And they disappeared ... lol.  Good thing checked them.  Called hotel and squared it away.  Woot.

We get there Wednesday so we can do the Mopar club show (they have it at Carlilse Expo Center) Thursday.  So if anyone is there Thursday, let me know!

Awesome Mark!  It will be nice to see you again!  Going to be a epic gathering this year! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Spikedog08 on April 12, 2017, 08:10:23 PM

.    Awesome Mark!  It will be nice to see you again!  Going to be a epic gathering this year!   

For sure.  Was thinking at first to sit it out this year ... with some drag events, Canada trip, and drag week and such to take it easy .... but life's short!  And looking at the attendance, we had to go!

Just not sure if we'll take Challenger or Barracuda.  that's if the Barracuda is streetin it by then ... better be. ...  :rolleyes: :fingerscrossed:

but then if the parking nazis are out .. we wont be near tent with the barracuda.  I dont care about awards so maybe we can hide it behind y'alls e-bodies!

69BFan

We are located in rows H and I in spots 136 through 143.  That is where the tent is located and we have a few additional spots that we put the used stuff out on and for parking.  I may have an additional space or two if someone is needing a spot.  These spots are next to building T, the large red barn and Mega Parts is right next door to us.  If you guys would like for me to check for some type of group buy in, let me know and I can check on pricing for a show special.  I am already looking at doing something with ACC Carpet.  Just let me know as July will be here before we know it.
Thanks,
Richard O'Shields
Restoration Parts and Materials
r.l.oshields@att.net
Ph. 404-643-5760
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Jay Bee

Since this'll be my first year ever attending Carlisle (as a spectator) I have a question.

What's the drill for buying a Thur - Sun pass at the event? I'll be in a '70 Charger with two of my non-forum friends that already have tickets. Is it a simple matter of just hopping out of the car and going up to a booth like at the Nationals?

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 08, 2017, 08:30:55 AM
Since this'll be my first year ever attending Carlisle (as a spectator) I have a question.

What's the drill for buying a Thur - Sun pass at the event? I'll be in a '70 Charger with two of my non-forum friends that already have tickets. Is it a simple matter of just hopping out of the car and going up to a booth like at the Nationals?

Yes...Gate 3. You can probably buy them on line before you go too :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I think you can buy it online and from what I remember they are pretty good and fast at getting things done at Carlisle.  I have never shown, but the back gate where I normally go in usually seems pretty easy to get in.  Plus I think they have a place you can go in and buy your tickets if you want to buy at the show.

Spikedog08

Some of us members that come by themselves get an extra ticket that doesn't get used so that is also something to consider.   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Yeah we'll have one open seat, since we register two cars.

Now, how much stuff will be sitting in that seat, well, that I have little control over...  :)

Jay Bee

I like the idea of buying someone's spare ticket, like a win win. What would be a fair price? I can Paypal a monetary "gift" to whoever. If the offer comes from the States it can be mailed to my Ohio buddies place, if it's from Ontario it can be mailed to my house.

How close to the event date do you guys get your tickets and would there be enough time to mail out the spare?

Thanks
Carlisle Rookie

ViperMan

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 09, 2017, 05:27:33 AM
I like the idea of buying someone's spare ticket, like a win win. What would be a fair price? I can Paypal a monetary "gift" to whoever. If the offer comes from the States it can be mailed to my Ohio buddies place, if it's from Ontario it can be mailed to my house.

How close to the event date do you guys get your tickets and would there be enough time to mail out the spare?

Thanks
Carlisle Rookie

To clarify, we don't get individual tickets when we register a car - we simply get to drive into the fairgrounds with up to 2 passengers.  So the best bet would be to find a place to park outside the fairgrounds (plenty of local residents sell space in their yard to park, or the fairgrounds has large areas visitor parking) and then meet up with someone who registered their car, and ride in with them.  It takes a little coordination, but totally doable.  :)

Jay Bee

Hey Jeff, thanks for the clarification. I'm used to the Nationals way of doing things. With the info you gave me I'm leaning towards an on-line purchase. The two guys I'm going with will appreciate me simplifying things. Any chance of a Part 2 to ADOC.

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Spikedog08 on April 12, 2017, 08:10:23 PM

Awesome Mark!  It will be nice to see you again!  Going to be a epic gathering this year!

Thx. For sure!  Great to catch up and see you and all!