Main Menu

Carlisle ?

Started by anlauto, January 06, 2017, 09:24:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 09, 2017, 04:42:08 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on January 09, 2017, 09:16:20 AM
I have never been to a swap meet, are there places at the meet where you can pack and ship or go to the local USPS?

Alan is a vendor there. Just take your purchases to his spot and he'll ship it for you.  :Stirring:

:rofl: :clapping:   That made me laugh!

anlauto

I have three spots, anybody looking to sell stuff can split if they like.....I'm not offering a parts babysitting service, you would have to watch the parts throughout the weekend as well.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

Thanks for your response @4cruzin and this looks like a great place, even though the drive is a bit longer.  :ohyeah:

Btw @Cuda Cody, I told work today that I'd be away in mid-July at Carlisle; so, let's make this happen!  :yes:

anlauto

I'm glad you guys are going to make the trip, I hope over the course of the weekend I get a chance to meet you guys and introduce myself. :toast:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ViperMan

Hey all, who certainly don't know who I am...

We're booked at the Holiday Inn Express 4Cruzin mentioned, just across the street from the Quality Inn.  The Quality Inn is a tad more "dive-ish", but is cheaper than any place I've ever found.  A few CC.C members have had incredible luck over the years getting very cheap places near the fairgrounds, but every time I call, I can never secure the same rate.

Cody, I finally gave up a few years ago trying to do blocks of rooms and/or securing group rates.  It was the year that I secured a group rate for everyone, and then found out everyone went and booked online through the hotel's website and got a MUCH better rate than the same hotel had given me...

ALL of the hotels in the area have calendars literally taped to their countertops with ALL of the Carlisle events dates highlighted.  You just stroll in and mention a weekend, and the first thing they do is go to that calendar, see the highlight, and go, "Oh - yes, that weekend..." and then give you a massive price-hike.  I've watched them do it!!

Even though none of you have met me before, I'll be providing lunch as always on that Saturday.  This year it's chicken cheesesteaks and that's already final.  :)  I haven't made those in a few years and I've recently improved my recipe.  :)  There might also be homebrew yet again, and with a few more gold medals under my belt lately, I can probably say with confidence that "it'll be pretty good..."

Also, I suspect Phukker Wither Mead to make a return (RIP Andy!) and perhaps in a sorta special way...

ALSO, I'm working on a surprise for Saturday dinner, but I'm not giving out any details yet as I kinda suspect it's going to be way too pricey for me to pull off...  But stay tuned - I've begun making some calls.

If anyone has questions on the area, just tag me - this will be our 10th consecutive year at Carlisle, and we're very excited...

...not that any of you have ever seen me there before...   :vipermanhiding:

Marc70challenger

Awesome VM!  It's very appreciated what you and Mrs Viper do!

We booked at the Quality lol. They have my favorite trailer parking spot for me.  :rofl:

Timbbuc2

As of right now my wife and I are going. We plan on spending a week in the area to check out other places too.  :woohoo: Be good to meet you guys.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

This is really starting to look like it's going to be a great turn out!  I need to get our hotel booked. 

ViperMan

We too are currently planning to visit for the week - I've never been to Hershey park and I lived there for 4 years!

ChallengerHK

Planning on being there, maybe with the wife  8)

Cuda Cody

FLIGHT is booked!!!!!   We're going to Carlisle this year!    :veryexcited: :cooldance: :veryexcited: :cooldance: :veryexcited: :cooldance: :woohoo: :veryexcited: :cooldance: :veryexcited: :cooldance: :veryexcited:

anlauto

:ohyeah: :woohoo: Look forward to meeting you  :toast:

Spikedog08

I am going to talk to Ed at Carlisle and see if we can get an oversized tent!  I think we should still tell everyone to submit their club name as cc.com as we will not be set up and the more we have there . . The better chance we have for a free tent! Plus . .  With 2 sites towards the 25 required, we have better chances .  .  .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

You should invite Ed to join us on this web site....He's always got great information about the upcoming show to share :drinkingbud: @4cruzin

Bearcuda