Main Menu

Help needed at the show

Started by purple1, July 11, 2023, 07:19:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

purple1

Let me start with our sadness that our moderator Dave (spikedog08) can not attend. We will miss you Dave.

Next let me say what plans have been made already. I have our drinks covered for both Friday and Saturday. We got water, sodas, teas, Gatorade, juice and some beer. I have tables, table clothes, napkins, cups and cutlery covered as well. The trailer is already loaded with most of that, as well as some coolers. So we should have most everything but the food for Saturday lunch. Dave has already said he is going to have the main lunch delivered to our tent. I got sides for lunch covered also. I went ahead and got stuff like mustard, ketchup, mayo, potato chips, salt and pepper. If someone can think of something I'm missing please bring it. Saturday on the way we will stop and get pasta salad and coleslaw. Want something more Please feel free to bring it.

Now for what we need help with. Ice. We will need someone to get ice, both Friday and Saturday. I can bring some ice but it will not be enough for the July heat. I know some have already said they are willing to pitch in, and this is mainly what we will need. We will need help getting the tables set up and ready for lunch on Saturday. We have an extra canopy we may need a hand setting up. Dave is sending the banners for our tent. Just might need help getting those up too.

Then in the evenings when it is time to go, help taking stuff down and packing up will be greatly appreciated.

Now just so everyone knows, we commute to and from home. So we may not be there first thing in the morning, but we will most certainly be there. It is about a 90 min. ride for us. 

Really looking forward to a great year and hope we get a hand making that happen for all of us. 

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

Spikedog08

I sure hope the weather agrees with the car show plans!  Thanks to @purple1 for stepping up!  Guys have fun!   :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudarmand

I'm not super familiar with the area so I can try for the ice but can definitely lend a hand setting things up tearing down.

Armand

purple1

Quote from: Cudarmand on July 11, 2023, 08:22:06 PM
I'm not super familiar with the area so I can try for the ice but can definitely lend a hand setting things up tearing down.

Armand

Armand, that is awesome! Any help is appreciated. Ice is available at the show. It is a little bit more than outside the fairgrounds. It's just after getting all this other stuff together we would appreciate some help buying and hauling it to the club tent when needed. 

Dave

69BFan

Some of the food vendors will sell you bags of ice on the grounds.  I think that it is listed in the event directory as well.  I am already here, I will see Tim tomorrow who is the swap meet coordinator and ask him the location.  Not really no more expensive than driving out to one of the convenience stores.  There is Karns Groceries at the end of Calvary Rd, just above Gate 3.  They sale large bags of ice for $5.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Barracuda1

I should be arriving Thursday afternoon around 5:00pm.  Should I also bring a couple of big coolers with wheels as well for the ice?
Packing as we speak.

Mike

purple1

Quote from: Barracuda1 on July 12, 2023, 06:36:43 AM
I should be arriving Thursday afternoon around 5:00pm.  Should I also bring a couple of big coolers with wheels as well for the ice?
Packing as we speak.

Mike

I think we are OK with coolers. Go ahead and bring one if you want. I'm bringing a wagon so whoever goes for ice doesn't have to carry it back through the show field all the way to the tent.

Dave

Barracuda1

torredcuda

Dave (purple 1), what day/time are you arriving? I`ll be at my hotel by 3-4pm Thursday but usually don`t go into the fairgrounds till early Friday morning.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

purple1

Quote from: torredcuda on July 12, 2023, 12:10:12 PM
Dave (purple 1), what day/time are you arriving? I`ll be at my hotel by 3-4pm Thursday but usually don`t go into the fairgrounds till early Friday morning.

We are shooting for leaving the house (we commute) about 8am both Friday and Saturday mornings. That should put us at the show about 9:30am both days.

I stop at the tent and unload, then park the 2018 up on the hill in that sea of newer Challengers.  :cooldance:

Dave

anlauto

I have a case of Coke to drop off....if you see one there, you'll know where it came from :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

purple1

Quote from: anlauto on July 12, 2023, 03:43:50 PM
I have a case of Coke to drop off....if you see one there, you'll know where it came from :drinkingbud:

:twothumbsup:

Dave

Poolshark314

Only planning to be there on Saturday this year, but likely before 9am so let me know if you need labor or anything else
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

chaos254

I'll be there this morning. Usually about a 3 hour drive from NJ. We are just coming for the day but I can help if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Poolshark314

Big thank you to Dave and Rob for helping take care of the tent and activities in Dave's absence. Great time as usual!
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD