Main Menu

No Rebel flags flying?

Started by torredcuda, June 18, 2020, 04:56:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on June 22, 2020, 08:02:57 PM
Quote from: dodj on June 22, 2020, 07:43:25 PM
There's a statue of lenin in Seattle?
Does that not seem appropriate considering the political atmosphere and actions in Seattle? What is being done for the poor bastards who live and/or work in Antifa-stan? What was their culpability? Why do they have to be occupied by a (let's use it's real name, shall we) communist armed mob? I'm really glad I don't live there, because I'd have shot some of them by now. Let the flaming begin.  :verymad:

Have you seen any of the interviews with residents?  I've seen three interviews, they blur the faces & disguise the voices, the Capitol Hill area is pretty out there to start so it's not surprising that all three said they initially supported the protests....  Hell I support the legitimate protests about George Floyd.. Just wouldn't want them in my neighborhood..  But at this point they are much more concerned about mob rule than police violence.... They might even be more supportive of their local cops.... 

What happened to George Floyd was wrong, he was no angel by a long shot, but the knee to his neck while he was hand cuffed was bulls**t...   

70 Challenger Lover

It was definitely wrong and that dude and his partners will answer for it. You won't find a cop in America defending them. The sad truth there is they are grossly underpaid and poorly trained. The adage 'you get what you pay for' applies here. When you don't offer good pay and benefits, the only applicants you get are those with few options in life. And those people aren't the best pool to pick from. Instead of defunding, they should do the opposite and set their standards very high. Fire those who can't meet that high standard and hire quality people who will actually apply if it offers a decent standard of living to support a family.

As far as Seattle, they've always had a weakness for anarchists. Sorry but I don't feel all that bad for the people and businesses that are now suffering. It wasn't really that hard to see the writing on that wall but they chose to stick around. Look at their mayor and their governor. A couple of real clowns. The fish stinks from the head down.

Brads70

Quote from: worthywads on June 22, 2020, 06:36:52 PM
Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 22, 2020, 05:44:57 PM
I can't help but think that the people of this country don't understand what the Founding Fathers were trying to create all those years ago. In a truly free society, people should be able to express their viewpoints in any way they like, beautiful or ugly, and those around should be free to listen to it or reject it. When you try to control the viewpoints of others through public opinion, everyone loses. A Neo Nazi should be free to say whatever stupid things they want and the rest of us should have the good sense to walk away and ignore it. The same thing goes for religion, rebel flags and so on. If those thing stir bad emotions, you should take a hard look at yourself. No stranger should ever be able to force you to feel anything you don't want to feel.

No one who owns a Dukes of Hazard Charger does so because they are racists and they should not be made to suffer because they happen to like an old television show featuring cool Mopars. The worst crime a person can commit today is to judge other groups as a whole based on stereotypes but that is exactly what is going on here. Only in this case, it's okay because it's currently in fashion. Some in our society believe it's okay to demonize a symbol or to portray all southerners, white males, cops and fans of Dukes of Hazard as racist. It's no different than judging some other groups by their cultural stereotypes. You can pat yourself on the back all you want for being "enlightened" but when you place generic labels on groups, you are really revealing your own willingness to show bias towards others.

I would never own a rebel flag and certainly not a Nazi flag but I will argue all day long that a truly free society allows people to own and display them if they want.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with what you said above.  The ACLU continues to agree with you on free speech.

NASCAR isn't the government and they decided it doesn't want to be associated with Racists and the Rebel flag.  Time will tell if that is enough to turn fans away, or bring in new fans turned off by the rebel flag environment I saw last year at Talladega for the Winged Warrior 50th Anniversary.  I

I'm glad to see a stand of solidarity with Bubba Wallace at Talladega.  We already have speculation here that it was some liberals faking to be MAGA fans that planted the noose.

Time hopefully will tell about the noose. I have a hard time thinking with all the millions of dollars of equipment  around and in a "secure area" that there is not camera footage of the puke that put the noose there? It would be in everyone's best interest to "out" and name publicly the perpetrator!   I have seen some implying that he put it there like the "Jussie Smollett" syndrome  .  Seems far fetched to me but....

chargerdon

Regarding Bubba Wallace...   My opinion...   

I moved from Pittsburgh area to south of Raleigh, mostly for the weather and the much lower taxes.   But soon after moving i came to realize that the south is still fighting the war!!!  Down here there are Lots and lots of Rednecks...and those Rednecks love their NASCAR and all that it represents!!!  What NASCAR represents is the South and their history.

NASCAR started by having "Rebels" with moonshine running deciding to race their hoped up whiskey running cars.   By definition and by history it is by a bunch of Rebels who defied the federal government on its stand on Moonshine.   To these people the Rebel flag means a lot !!!   It represents their willingness to go against the establishment...IT does not in itself mean that they are racist!  Many are and will be with or without the Rebel or Confederate flags!!    Hell, they elected Trump mainly because "Hilary will take our guns away !!

So, now we have One driver that finds it offensive because he thinks it represents Racism.   One out of about 50, and in this ridiculous society of ours everyone is offended by statues that have stood for 175 years and is their history !!  History SHOULD BE REMEMBERED ! So, now this ONE BLACK driver complains and gets NASCAR to ban their Rebel flags !!      What the heck did he expect to happen...everyone slap him on the back and say...way to go...now your one of us ???    Ridiculous...   The tail is wagging the dog !!

Do i think that putting a Noose in his Pit is ok...of course not...it is a despicable cowardly act !!   But what the heck did he expect ?

Wedg2Go

Quote from: chargerdon on June 23, 2020, 05:20:05 AM
Regarding Bubba Wallace...   My opinion...   

I moved from Pittsburgh area to south of Raleigh, mostly for the weather and the much lower taxes.   But soon after moving i came to realize that the south is still fighting the war!!!  Down here there are Lots and lots of Rednecks...and those Rednecks love their NASCAR and all that it represents!!!  What NASCAR represents is the South and their history.

NASCAR started by having "Rebels" with moonshine running deciding to race their hoped up whiskey running cars.   By definition and by history it is by a bunch of Rebels who defied the federal government on its stand on Moonshine.   To these people the Rebel flag means a lot !!!   It represents their willingness to go against the establishment...IT does not in itself mean that they are racist!  Many are and will be with or without the Rebel or Confederate flags!!    Hell, they elected Trump mainly because "Hilary will take our guns away !!

So, now we have One driver that finds it offensive because he thinks it represents Racism.   One out of about 50, and in this ridiculous society of ours everyone is offended by statues that have stood for 175 years and is their history !!  History SHOULD BE REMEMBERED ! So, now this ONE BLACK driver complains and gets NASCAR to ban their Rebel flags !!      What the heck did he expect to happen...everyone slap him on the back and say...way to go...now your one of us ???    Ridiculous...   The tail is wagging the dog !!

Do i think that putting a Noose in his Pit is ok...of course not...it is a despicable cowardly act !!   But what the heck did he expect ?

Exactly right! US history should be remembered!
Instead, it's all being torn down and for what purpose? To pacify the few whom are too weak minded to tolerate the past. The past should be a reminder of our good, bad or otherwise. Nothing more. Nothing less.   :unitedstates:    :rebelflag"

Just a side note:
I joked the other day about when this destructive movement would either deface or destroy Washington, Jefferson or Lincoln at Mount Rushmore. That would leave Roosevelt all alone. Now I just found out the Museum of History in New York is removing the Roosevelt statue from their front steps, because it depicts racism. Seems to me there is no stopping the insanity we're going with now.

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 22, 2020, 07:57:18 PM
Lenin statues in the US...

Las Vegas - outside Red Square Restaurant, Mandalay Bay Hotel - Headless (removed in 2019 when restaurant closed)

New York City - formerly on top of the Red Square apartment building, E. Houston St. in the East Village Moved to Norfolk St. in 2016, half-block south

Seattle - Fremont neighborhood

Ace Gallery, Los Angeles, there is a large metallic bust of Lenin on display at the corner of La Brea Avenue and 4th Street.

Hutchinson, Kansas - inside the Soviet wing of the Cosmosphere

Willimantic, Connecticut - hidden in a scrapyard to avoid vandalism.
Wonder if there is a statue of Trump in St. Petersburg.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dodj on June 23, 2020, 10:05:36 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 22, 2020, 07:57:18 PM
Lenin statues in the US...

Las Vegas - outside Red Square Restaurant, Mandalay Bay Hotel - Headless (removed in 2019 when restaurant closed)

New York City - formerly on top of the Red Square apartment building, E. Houston St. in the East Village Moved to Norfolk St. in 2016, half-block south

Seattle - Fremont neighborhood

Ace Gallery, Los Angeles, there is a large metallic bust of Lenin on display at the corner of La Brea Avenue and 4th Street.

Hutchinson, Kansas - inside the Soviet wing of the Cosmosphere

Willimantic, Connecticut - hidden in a scrapyard to avoid vandalism.
Wonder if there is a statue of Trump in St. Petersburg.

Hillary would be much more likely....

ViperMan

Hey folks - this is the Carlisle forum.  It's about the Carlisle Events All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle.

This discussion however is not relevant to any of the above, so at the request of some fellow members I'm locking it down.  Please feel free to carry on these conversations via social media, and remember that "confirmation bias" is a thing.

Thanks for your understanding.