Main Menu

Some THANK YOU's are in order!

Started by Spikedog08, July 16, 2018, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So now that we have another Carlisle show under our belt, I have a few THANK YOU's to send out! 

@ViperMan and @Oh10Challenger (Jeff and Ashley) did a great job with the club lunch on Saturday once again!  They also organize the club dinner on Friday night so HATS off to them for all that they do.  I assume Melanie probably helped in some way of course!  Show would not be the same without them! 

@Chryco Psycho  Neil once again went and helped any one that needed help!  I know he worked on a lot of cars while there as usual and for me personally  . . . my trunk now opens well.   I have been struggling with getting the trunk open for some time now,  The key just would not go in there all the way and I knew at some point, it probably would not open and I would be in a jam.  Neil took the lock out and when I returned from a trip to the main Carlisle office, it was back together and now opens easily!  Very cool!

@MEK-Dangerous   Once again Mike was generous enough to supply the pizza pies for the Saturday parking lot pizza party!  Very nice of him to do that and add to the fun that we have at this great show! 

Also after the pizza party, Neil went to work on Andy's car to attempt to fix brake lights and other issues . . . then Neil and 2 or 3 other members dove into my car to see why I am having charging issues.  They worked on that for at least 2 hours, at one point I looked over and my alternator was laying on the ground in front of the car.  Someone brought a meter and tests were being completed.  The end result was that the alternator was operating as it should but the issue is current from the alternator to the battery was not as it should be.  Losing amps along the way and assume it is in the wiring and ammeter.  I need to address that soon and hope to get it completed ASAP.  My plans for a new rallye dash may be the answer as the ammeter will be converted.   

Many thanks to all that helped me with that!!   Thanks to anyone that I may have missed!!  A great show and I see the count down to 2019 has started.  If anyone has ideas to make this show even better, please let me know! 

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

And thanks to you, too, @Spikedog08 for helping handle the tent as you do every year.  Carlisle would be borderline unbearable without a "roof" to have over our heads and a place to keep our drinks/coolers/food in the shade throughout the day.  So thanks for taking care of that, as well as providing the tables we use to feed everyone on Saturday.  :)

Spikedog08

Almost forgot . . . Thank You to Cathy for assistance getting the car on the trailer Sunday morning . . always a challenge lining it up!   Thank you! 

:twothumbsup:

Cuda Cody

What a fantastic group!   :grouphug:  Glad to call you all friends.   :drinkingbud:

Spikedog08

Wish I would of brought flat Cody for every time someone came to the tent looking for him!  Could of got some good photos with that . . .  :thinking:

Chryco Psycho

Thanks to all above for the reasons given , anyone that contributed & to Andy & Darren for helping work in Spikedogs car trying to diagnose the issue. 
It was a great time as usual , fun to catch up with everyone  :bradsthumb:

Oh10Challengerless

You are all so amazing and we had an absolute blast!  We love seeing everyone enjoy lunch and look forward to it every year!  Thanks to all of you who contributed to making this weekend awesome!

71vert340

It looks like everyone had a great time. It looks like I'll have to do my best to make it next year. I was in Ohio two weeks ago. I need to plan my trips better  as Carlisle is only several hours further. The other show I've never been to is MATS. Guess I'll have to make that one next year also. Not sure I'll trailer the convertible all the way across the country. I guess the 2500 mile driving trip will be worth it. I'll just drive the 2015 Challenger Shaker. More comfortable.
Terry

71-440

Wish I could of attended.  :(

Would have been nice to meet all of you in person. Maybe next year if things pick up here.
Joe

J-Code Jeni

This group is second to none- real class acts!  I love reading the support and gratitude you have for each other!  :grouphug:

:drinkingbud: Congrat's on another great gathering and event!

We were so sorry we had to miss you, all, this year.

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on July 16, 2018, 08:16:57 PM
This group is second to none- real class acts!  I love reading the support and gratitude you have for each other!  :grouphug:

:drinkingbud: Congrat's on another great gathering and event!

We were so sorry we had to miss you, all, this year.

We missed you and Cody too. I was bummed that you couldn't make it, but I totally understand. Maybe next year??

Cudajason

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 16, 2018, 12:29:43 PM
Wish I would of brought flat Cody for every time someone came to the tent looking for him!  Could of got some good photos with that . . .  :thinking:

LOL...now that would have been funny!!!

One of these years I will make it down to the show...I hope.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RusTy/SE

My thanks go to those mentioned as well as some I am sure I met but do not recall a name to match the person, the whole weekend was smile after smile and just having a little fun.

Loved the hot dog lunch  :)  Melanie and Parker having gentle fun with the butterfly which landed on their plate - there is a pic someone thankfully posted in another thread - while I sat there with a dog taking it all in... Just big thanks to all  :grouphug:

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

ViperMan

Quote from: Cudajason on July 17, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

Jason

I for one would love to meet ya.  I still have the kickdown linkage you sold me for the Cuda I used to own - keeping it because I may just need it again some day...  :)

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on July 17, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

Jason

Well, you have a year to prepare, get your car ready and we can caravan down as a group maybe?  :Stirring: :bigthumb: