Main Menu

1970 Cuda For sale Three Rivers Ca

Started by 71Cuda, December 30, 2018, 06:57:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 30, 2018, 02:58:11 PM
No extra cost downgrade I thought.

I think it was considered an upgrade due to the 340 being more "performance oriented" than the standard 383.

6bblgt

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 30, 2018, 01:08:30 PM
Very striking 70 Barracuda! Seller states #'s matching transmission & date code correct 340 (implies not #'s matching 340?). It is surprising  to me that the MSRP charges more for the  340 V8 option than the standard 383 335 hp V8. :dunno:

that's a reproduction window sticker & NOT very accurate   :alan2cents:

for 1970 the 340 was a No-Charge OPTION in a 'cuda (BS23/BS27), which is shown correctly on the window sticker

the only difference besides 383HP big-block VS. 340 small-block items was the 340's STANDARD 26" radiator

6bblgt

:bigthumb: great combination  8)

here are a couple pics from 9/2013 when it was on eBay - still, I believe in Minnesota or Wisconsin  :dunno:

6bblgt

car was at least 3-weeks late - wonder why they had a "9 - 1969" door sticker made for it?  :pullinghair:

JS29

Quote from: kdcarman on December 30, 2018, 03:02:38 PM
Quote from: anlauto on December 30, 2018, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: JS29 on December 30, 2018, 01:31:39 PM
I was under the impression the 340 was a down grade option!    :alan2cents:

Fast forward 48 years and people will pay more for a 340 car over a 383 car everyday !

Yup that is the case
I don't dispute that statement, but i don't get why. I like my 383, they have served my family and my self well. sturdy, reliable, and run strong when tuned right.  :alan2cents: 335 horse verses 275! :dunno:

Desmond

Neither of those ratings are accurate. The 335 for the 383 I've always felt was optimistic at best and the 275 is well known to be way under-rated.

RUNCHARGER

Those before shots are more of a selling feature than the after shots I think. I don't trust most restorations, that looks like it was a pretty good car.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 31, 2018, 08:57:02 AM
Those before shots are more of a selling feature than the after shots I think. I don't trust most restorations, that looks like it was a pretty good car.

Couldn't agree more :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

scf100

Wow beautiful car......those before pics are good history

So what do you guys think it cost to redo this car?

55k looks like a steal
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

anlauto

Quote from: scf100 on January 02, 2019, 07:15:32 PM
Wow beautiful car......those before pics are good history

So what do you guys think it cost to redo this car?

55k looks like a steal

Around here a paint job alone would cost you half the asking price.... :alan2cents:

Problem is....you still don't know what they did with the rear axle, transmission, engine, heater core, rad, wiring, etc...etc...etc... Buying a done car is ALWAYS a gamble.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

E74cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 31, 2018, 08:57:02 AM

I do remember the car being for sale when it was in Minnesota. If I remember correctly the seller at that time said that the car was rusty or needing a lot of rust repair. After reading that I didn't look into it any more.

B5fourspeed

Back in  1972 my 70 Cuda stock 383 blew the doors off  anything with a 340. I ran  14.2 in the quarter at the old fremont drag stripe with the stock  tires.I also beat every 440 B Body or stock 440 Challenger I ever raced on the track.I beat a 440 roadrunner by a door length and the driver of the roadrunner was mad and telling  me my car was not stock.

JS29

@B5fourspeed   :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping: Glad to see I an not alone, It's refreshing to know I am not the only 383 fan!   :haha:

BS27R1B

" I don't dispute that statement, but i don't get why. I like my 383, they have served my family and my self well. sturdy, reliable, and run strong when tuned right.  :alan2cents: 335 horse verses 275! "

To each their own but the lighter front end of the 340 equipped car and the quicker revving small block make the 340 a much nicer drive today, especially with a four speed.
"  objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are "