Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger 340 Non R/T Formal Roof Black Houndstooth Graveyard Carz

Started by MasonDaniel7, June 15, 2020, 12:26:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

cudamadd

This would be a great car if restored back to factory some rare stuff with this one

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

There is mention of him having a lien on the car. I was wondering what the back story is.

anlauto

I had to go back and read that part about "no title" and "my lien" ....
Here's my GUESS....GYC's likely had a falling out with the owner of the car and the guy owes them money.....GYC likely said..."oh yea....we'll just sell your car to get our money..."   So they place a lien on the car, advertise it for sale on eBay so hopefully the owner will step up and pay his bill rather than lose the car...

Why else would you advertise a car NOW if you don't have a title and there's a lien on it ??  :looney:....and admit it will take 4-6 weeks to clear up.....Why not wait until it is cleared up, then advertise the car ? Likely because you have no intentions of the car actually selling. :alan2cents:

Just MY theory ...nothing true about the above statement that I'm aware of.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

In New York state, The garage-mans lean means you have to sell the car at auction, send all the paperwork to Albany, Than the title will be issued. Or in this case (pre 1972) Registration-title.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on June 15, 2020, 06:39:43 AM
Here's my GUESS....GYC's likely had a falling out with the owner of the car and the guy owes them money.....GYC likely said..."oh yea....we'll just sell your car to get our money..."   So they place a lien on the car, advertise it for sale on eBay so hopefully the owner will step up and pay his bill rather than lose the car...

Why else would you advertise a car NOW if you don't have a title and there's a lien on it ??  :looney:....and admit it will take 4-6 weeks to clear up.....Why not wait until it is cleared up, then advertise the car ? Likely because you have no intentions of the car actually selling. :alan2cents:

Doesn't look like they've done any work, how can he owe them money???   

Looks like your being invited into the middle of a court case... Pass!!!

They have cars with work promised that have sat on their back lot for years upon years pass on that whole mess....

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 15, 2020, 09:36:16 AM
Quote from: anlauto on June 15, 2020, 06:39:43 AM

Doesn't look like they've done any work, how can he owe them money???   

Looks like your being invited into the middle of a court case... Pass!!!

They have cars with work promised that have sat on their back lot for years upon years pass on that whole mess....

I couldn't agree more, I've heard some horror stories....Maybe the guys owes them for STORAGE  :haha: :haha:

Mopsquad

Where can I buy a set of Jetzon Revenger 60 tires.  Best tire name ever!  lol

anlauto

formula_s

Quote from: JS29 on June 15, 2020, 07:02:03 AM
In New York state, The garage-mans lean means you have to sell the car at auction, send all the paperwork to Albany, Than the title will be issued. Or in this case (pre 1972) Registration-title.  :alan2cents:

Make that pre 1973.

70 Challenger Lover

I too have a theory the owner owes money but my theory goes farther.

I've seen the show only once (once was plenty for me) but what struck me (more than the douche who runs the business) was the dozens and dozens of cars neatly parked outside awaiting restoration. These can't be his own cars. There were simply too many highly collectible and complete cars. I think he has created so much business through his show that people pay monthly storage to put their car in his lot as they wait their turn for one of his overpriced restorations. I don't know this...just a thought.

I'd bet the owner owes money for monthly storage and refused to pay the bill. If he is putting it up for sale before he's finished the lien transfer, that could get a person into hot water whether he ultimately sells it or not. In California, that could be considered a crime or at the least something that cost you a business license.

JS29

FYone

Agreed! Condescending goof balls like him shouldn't be aloud to tarnish the Mopar brand..... I watched about 15 min. once,couldn't make it thru a whole episode! T.V. and names like Barrett Jackson give a false sense of professionalism to the uninformed.