Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger R/T 340 4-SPEED NUMBERS MATCHING MOVING

Started by MasonDaniel7, December 27, 2020, 11:23:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

js27

Neat car-a bit optimistic on the price considering it is a repaint and modified motor.
JS27

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

SgtSuperbird

Being a B-body guy that happens to own a cool E-Body, I have a question. Is that hood and front fender surround the M28 option? I am guessing that option is unusual (and pricey)?

IRON MAN

Quote from: Skdmark on December 28, 2020, 07:17:36 AM
Missing the side scoops too.
Is it likely the 1971 R/T Challenger with a 340 V8 were excluded from getting the fake body rear side scoops located in front of the rear fender wells, and only the Challenger R/T big blocks got the quarter panel scoops in 1971?

anlauto

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 28, 2020, 01:49:18 PM
Is it likely the 1971 R/T Challenger with a 340 V8 were excluded from getting the fake body rear side scoops located in front of the rear fender wells, and only the Challenger R/T big blocks got the quarter panel scoops in 1971?

Interesting, I've never heard that before  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I've never heard that either, but I have a recollection that if the rocker moldings were ordered you didn't get the scoops?
For his buy it now and change, you can buy my 71 V code same color instead, which would you prefer, a small block with formal roof package and wide hood molding package, or 385 horse from 3 carbs and 4:10 Dana?

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 28, 2020, 01:49:18 PM

My wife's original 340 1971 R/T Challenger has the quarter scoops.
Have pics of the car with them from the 80's. 

No quarter scoops on the JH 340 1971 Challengers

autoxcuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on December 28, 2020, 03:01:36 PM
I've never heard that either, but I have a recollection that if the rocker moldings were ordered you didn't get the scoops?
For his buy it now and change, you can buy my 71 V code same color instead, which would you prefer, a small block with formal roof package and wide hood molding package, or 385 horse from 3 carbs and 4:10 Dana?

No. If you got rocker molding you still got quarter scoops.

I have 71 R/T with rocker molding and original scoops. Seen many others.

All R/T got scoops. Just like all 71 Cuda's got gilled fenders.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Didn't all R/Ts come with quad style exhaust tips? This is the first one I've seen without them .

Skdmark

Quote from: SgtSuperbird on December 28, 2020, 09:20:38 AM
Being a B-body guy that happens to own a cool E-Body, I have a question. Is that hood and front fender surround the M28 option? I am guessing that option is unusual (and pricey)?

Yes on all accounts
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

750-h2

I love the color combination. If that car had received a nice OE restoration, I feel it would easily be worth the asking price. 

JH27N0B

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on December 28, 2020, 07:34:42 PM
Didn't all R/Ts come with quad style exhaust tips? This is the first one I've seen without them .
Not CA emission cars, though this car isn't coded as that.  It should have the rear valence notched for tips, hard to see if this car has that from the pics, definitely not OE tips though.