Main Menu

70 B5 AAR 4 Speed Auction

Started by 7E-Bodies, February 18, 2021, 06:19:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

I bet it had something to do with production, and paint of the Flat black on the inner fender. But My original AAR has standard bolts and the Challenger T/A 0B304007 has standard bolts as well and this car is an original.

SgtSuperbird

Well, my memory was bad, as to the location of the studs and bolts. Here is the thread:
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/fender-hardware/19370/msg245942#msg245942

AAR#2

Quote from: SgtSuperbird on February 23, 2021, 02:50:46 AM
Well, my memory was bad, as to the location of the studs and bolts. Here is the thread:
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/fender-hardware/19370/msg245942#msg245942

I've heard many a wild idea over the years for use of studs and variations, some none, some one, two, or even 3. Try hanging a fender without making a mistake on your own by placing a stud or two prior, one can easily "hang" the fender while installing the remaining hardware.

Read your car, don't change history

floorit426

Meanwhile, the reserve has been met, at just over 51k.

SgtSuperbird

That seems like a decent, low, reserve. It's a beautiful car.

HP_Cuda

Man that is close by and I know someone who will probably pick it up to add to their collection. That is if he can fit it in.

Wish the B5 guy put all the numbers on the site in regards to "numbers matching".

Anyway, the orange one has been for sale quite awhile.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

7E-Bodies

Reserve met. Looks like the hammer will drop.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: AAR#2 on February 23, 2021, 03:40:41 AM
Quote from: SgtSuperbird on February 23, 2021, 02:50:46 AM

I've heard many a wild idea over the years for use of studs and variations, some none, some one, two, or even 3. Try hanging a fender without making a mistake on your own by placing a stud or two prior, one can easily "hang" the fender while installing the remaining hardware.

Read your car, don't change history

Here is another one to add to the list : A group of line-rats  on swing shift figured out hanging a fender using studs was much easier. So they started doing it ....until they got busted.  : )

Gotta admit J-code cars are pretty peculiar !  Glad they were allowed to be built .  probably wasn't a popular idea in the accounting department at the time....

JH27N0B

It would have been even more unpopular with the accounting department if the original plans for the Trans Am cars had been approved.  Bigger tires, 4 wheel disc brakes, I think even a fiberglass front end was planned.  The car would have been as unique an E body as the Daytona and Superbird were to B bodies.

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 23, 2021, 10:52:12 AM
It would have been even more unpopular with the accounting department if the original plans for the Trans Am cars had been approved.  Bigger tires, 4 wheel disc brakes, I think even a fiberglass front end was planned.  The car would have been as unique an E body as the Daytona and Superbird were to B bodies.

I knew they were slated for 4-discs . Didn't know about the fiberglass front clip . That would've been awesome. 

JH27N0B

I think (and I'm going off my fading memory) that many of the styling cues on the Diamanté show car came from design proposals for how the T/A was originally proposed to be.  And the fiberglass front end was going to be a one piece assembly that tilted forward to access the engine compartment?
15x8 wheels, H60 tires, and a 305 cubic inch engine!