Started by blown motor, October 24, 2017, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Perfect, one stop shopping ! Do you need me to drive one home for you Murray?  :D

Love the gator grain and the burnt orange!  :drooling:

jimynick

$32,000 bucks for the engine upgrade? Jesus, wasn't Mother Mopar selling crate 426's for somewhere around $14,000? Wasn't there a couple of original hemi cars sell for $60k +/- at Kissimee in the spring, Murray?   :huh:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

fc7cuda

Quote from: jimynick on October 24, 2017, 07:45:30 PM
$32,000 bucks for the engine upgrade?

Maybe it's in Canadian dollars?  :dunno:   Converts to $25,000US

blown motor

Agreed that the price increase for the Hemi is extreme. Wouldn't a car like that be more valuable with the # matching engine than with the Hemi?
Very cool car, just don't have the funds.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

The bare Hemi would be 20K + bigger rad as it may have been a 22" + all the brackets & such to make AC work , exhaust manifolds , ,possibly the correct aircleaner all extras . Looks like a nice car in the minimal pix

Brads70

$32,000 bucks for the engine upgrade? Jesus, wasn't Mother Mopar selling crate 426's for somewhere around $14,000? Wasn't there a couple of original hemi cars sell for $60k +/- at Kissimee in the spring, Murray?   :huh:

Depends of your perspective I guess.
Not something I'd do but my buddy Mike spent like 40K ( Canadian) putting in a hemi in his 71 Cuda.
By the time you get all the stuff that goes along with the bare engine, k-frame, shaker base, offset power brake booster, rad, etc, etc, etc..... it adds up to an insane amount! 

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Brads70 on October 25, 2017, 11:29:31 AM

Depends of your perspective I guess.
Not something I'd do but my buddy Mike spent like 40K ( Canadian) putting in a hemi in his 71 Cuda.
By the time you get all the stuff that goes along with the bare engine, k-frame, shaker base, offset power brake booster, rad, etc, etc, etc..... it adds up to an insane amount!
:iagree:   It adds up real fast.  It's all the extra stuff you never think about. I think it ran around 35k USD to get this one in and going. Long block alone was 20k.

anlauto

That's more money then you've got in your whole car isn't it Ian ? :bigmoney: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on October 25, 2017, 12:04:29 PM

That's more money then you've got in your whole car isn't it Ian ? :bigmoney: :rofl:
Hell yes, Alan; hell yes! However, that IS valuing my labour @ about 30 cents an hour.  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"