Main Menu

WiW '71 Challenger N-code GA4

Started by ec_co, September 29, 2017, 06:53:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

soooo .... a friend of mine has a project '70 Challenger SE  (EDIT: NOT an SE), N code, Auto, GA4 that will be up for sale as soon as we put a $$ figure on it. I have full access to it and can take more pics or video. I know he's put a lot into it so far, but hasn't touched it in a long time and just wants it gone. 2 sets of seats front/rear. original Chrysler TA spoiler (obviously not original to this car. might be sold separately if there is interest, otherwise goes with it), 2 consoles, other parts - has a storage unit an hour and half away where he is pretty sure he has the headliner/overhead console. seemed pretty clean, looked like original quarters, drop extensions are clean, frame looked clean (although not on a lift, so no true evaluation there). floor pans seem very solid. trunk pan seems very solid. no lift, so I couldn't get a good solid look underneath. rebuilt motor/trans/rear. unsure if #s matching at this time, but will be looking soon. no build sheet (he thinks he has one, but might be for another Mopar too, so assume no)

LOTS of pics.... please advice your thoughts on price. it will be listed here/CC/FEBO first, then it will go to fleabay if no takers.

JH23:
Dodge Challenger
High
2 Door Hardtop

N1B: 383 300HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

452966:   Sequence number

E65:    383 cid 4 barrel V8 300hp
D32:    Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
GA4:    Light Gunmetal Poly Exterior Color
H6X9:    Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
000:    Full Door Panels
709:    Build Date: July 09
109940:   Order number

V1X:    Full Vinyl Top, Black
U:            USA Specifications
A01:    Light Package
A46:    Moulding Package
C16:    Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55:    Bucket Seats

G15:    Tinted Windshield
H31:    Rear Window Defogger
H51:    Air Conditioning with Heater
L25:    Trunk Lamp
L31:    Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21:    Roof drip rail moldings

M31:    Belt Moldings
M42:    Front Stone Shield Moldings
M44:    Hood and Fender Moldings
N41:    Dual Exhaust
R26:    AM Radio with Cassette

V7X:    Accent Stripes, Black
26:            26" Radiator
EN2:    End of Sales Codes
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

ec_co

:takemymoney:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

ec_co

:pixiepop:

ec_co

:popcorn:

ec_co

almost there .....

ec_co

if you made it this far,  :happybday:

70 Challenger Lover

What a cool car! It would look really good next to my 70 Challenger which is also a JH N code car but with a 4 speed. I almost sold mine but decided to keep it. It was extremely rusty but I had an offer of 12k. Yours must be much higher since it doesn't have the rust issues.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Nice project, love that colour!  :bradsthumb: Looks pretty solid! Great start for someone. Why did he give up on it? Looks like the hard parts are done?

ec_co

Quote from: Brads70 on September 30, 2017, 05:51:47 AM
Nice project, love that colour!  :bradsthumb: Looks pretty solid! Great start for someone. Why did he give up on it? Looks like the hard parts are done?

it was a trade deal that soured on him after a little legal wrangling (all done now, so the future owner will have zero issues), and he has other things to use the $$ for. same guy sold his '68 or '69 Charger earlier this year to a local DJ (those in the area will know Willie B with KBPI)

fc7cuda

Looks like it could be finished within a year, definitely get more for it done.  $10-12K like it sits. :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

One of my favorite colors.  Verification of numbers matching (engine, trans, body) will make a difference in price. 

RUNCHARGER

I agree that matching #'s will help the price. I agree with Alan's $15k ballpark though, the colour and engine option help it a lot and it looks to be a solid Co. car. I guess A78 is a sheet only code?
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 30, 2017, 07:37:57 AM
I agree that matching #'s will help the price. I agree with Alan's $15k ballpark though, the colour and engine option help it a lot and it looks to be a solid Co. car. I guess A78 is a sheet only code?

I was wondering about the A78 too :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on September 30, 2017, 08:37:00 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 30, 2017, 07:37:57 AM

I was wondering about the A78 too :thinking:

It's on the tag

Plug has been added.

Here it is on a tag on another car

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...