Main Menu

AAR for Sale

Started by Iowa Six Barrel, March 06, 2019, 07:35:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Iowa Six Barrel

I have copied and pasted my Facebook listing below. In short, I bought this AAR just to pull my numbers matching motor. Now, I'm selling it with no motor.
Ok, the car is home 👍 and I don't plan on getting the motor out until our weather improves... because this motor is the matching numbers to my other AAR. It is also easier to move around with the motor in it 😜. I've received many messages - some are legit buyers. Others are just curious what my price is and hoping it's some cheap amazing price. The price is $50,000 dollars (US$). The prior owner had the car for 30 years. He did drive the car and enjoyed the car. It is not a trailer queen, but still a very nice car. The price is the price. If you like it, come look at it or arrange for someone to look at. These are pics I have right now because it's locked up in the trailer and it's 6 degrees outside.  Drop a motor in and away you go. The automatic transmission stays with the car. **** I do not know the whereabouts of the original motor to this AAR.****

anlauto

That will sell pretty darn quick in my opinion  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Iowa Six Barrel

I hope someone likes it and buys it. I'm very happy to have my engine and hopefully... if some guy out there already has a TA motor he's been sitting on, he could drop it in and go. Previous owner did send the receipts he saved over the last 30 years.

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2019, 08:50:56 AM
That will sell pretty darn quick in my opinion  :o

Really 50K...auto with no engine.  hell I don't even care about the auto and I think that seems a little high!!!  Its not like I have that kind of cash anyway, but still seems high!!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Mark_B

Lovely looking car!  Good luck with the sale.

Chryco Psycho

seems like a decent deal to me , you get a complete real AAR less the engine & you have 20k value left to supply an engine  :thinking:

Iowa Six Barrel

Thanks for your opinion Cuda Jason. I think I'm being reasonable with my price. I think if a guy sensibly went out and bought a TA motor, carbs, air cleaner, etc that he could do it for $10,000. That would finish the car and you could be out driving it this summer. I have not seen any AAR's that are finished for $60K or less... if I'm wrong, please post the for sale ads. I know what some of the asking prices are on eBay and some other sites - I don't always agree with those online prices, but I think their are buyers out there who would feel comfortable at having $60,000 invested in an AAR. Plus, if your lucky... maybe the original motor will show up while you own it and then you'd be in great shape. I owned my car almost 5 years before my TA motor showed up. I'm just saying, a done AAR for $60K.. maybe less if you have a motor for it seems fair. And that is aside from dealing with restoration horror stories, or dealing with the time a shop has your car. And trust me, a total restoration on a project would hit the $60k mark pretty fast. Obviously, many factors to think over before you spend this kind of money. But I feel my price is in line with current values.

anlauto

I would want at least $30K for mine and it needs a full restoration :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ledphoot

Seems like a legit deal to me. AAR's are ultra rare... Now if somebody could just find the correct motor for this yellow sled :)

Mymcodebee

Just curious as these are big ticket items.  If you have an AAR and you just needed the matching engine does that mean you are including the extra intake, carbs and air cleaner? 

Iowa Six Barrel

I will be keeping oil pan to air cleaner - original parts. My currant AAR does not have a TA motor / 6 pack in it.

HP_Cuda

Problem here is that folks would want the matching number engine to this AAR.

If you magically uncovered it from the rainbow leprechaun they would then proceed to mopar price you to death. 
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Katfish

Care to share what you paid for it?

anlauto

Spikedog08

Wish I had some cash laying around  . . . looks pretty nice!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!