Main Menu

AAR for Sale

Started by Iowa Six Barrel, March 06, 2019, 07:35:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Iowa Six Barrel

I don't have the motor. When I first found mine years ago, I tried to buy just the motor and owner declined - makes sense since his car was a finished car.  I tried to replace his TA motor with another one, all at my expence and he declined. I then offered up a warranty TA motor and he still said no. My only hope was to find his matching block and I never found it. Fortunately kids grow up and go to college and after 30 years, owners decide to sell. On a side note, I had a TA block. The owner of the TA car it belonged to contacted me. I sold it to him at fair price he agreed to. I then crated all the parts he asked me to buy him - my cost was his cost on these miscellaneous things he asked for...and then I shipped it to him in a crate built just for it and as small as possible to save on international shipping. And I would photograph all the parts and crating and email him to keep him updated.

6bblgt

:looney: the above eBay block is out of a "lemon twist" automatic AAR  :yes: BS23J0B303683

Iowa Six Barrel

Enough to need a 2nd mortgage on my house. And a sale of $50k will be a significant financial loss. But I do have my complete motor, which is a financial savings because it's ready to go.

6bblgt

@Transamcuda.com - do you have anything additional on BS23J0B303683's location?  :help:

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 06, 2019, 02:11:25 PM
:looney: the above eBay block is out of a "lemon twist" automatic AAR  :yes: BS23J0B303683

wouldn't you shit a brick if it was out of this car  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2019, 02:22:22 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on March 06, 2019, 02:11:25 PM

wouldn't you shit a brick if it was out of this car  :o
Yep! A nearly golden one at that!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Rich G.

Just curious how did your engine wind up in another AAR and how did you find it? Nice looking car and if it's real nice and all there expect for the engine it's probably not a bad deal these days.

kathyscuda

that's devotion.
ive been driving one of our orig paint AARs for 25 years with a 318 ,2 barrel.

AND I DONT CARE.
good luck with the sale

scf100

Quote from: Cudajason on March 06, 2019, 10:11:24 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2019, 08:50:56 AM
That will sell pretty darn quick in my opinion  :o

Really 50K...auto with no engine.  hell I don't even care about the auto and I think that seems a little high!!!  Its not like I have that kind of cash anyway, but still seems high!!!

Jason

Jason if your not a serious buyer then price should not matter..........the market will let the seller know if price is right

Car looks nice and you would spend thousands on rust repair, paint etc to get to this point
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

mike ketterer

iowa six barrel. what did you get for the ta motor you sold. i have 4 complete ta motors carb to pan that i have found two of the original cars to them. im willing to work with the owners. not sure what to sell them for $. i found one of my original blocks and paid a big buck just for my block. but i had to have it

anlauto

Quote from: mike ketterer on March 06, 2019, 06:29:37 PM
iowa six barrel. what did you get for the ta motor you sold. i have 4 complete ta motors carb to pan that i have found two of the original cars to them. im willing to work with the owners. not sure what to sell them for $. i found one of my original blocks and paid a big buck just for my block. but i had to have it

Mike...you wouldn't happen to have 289359 would you ? Out of Ontario.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mike ketterer

no allan i dont have that one.

Bossgold

show up with cash and no yak'n - its yellow, auto and no engine. Simple. I just bought an AAR with a non working engine and a 4 spd. So I know what it cost to get  it running and its always more.....way more than what you think.  And don't forget.....its IF you can find the parts.  This was a purchase for the engine and now a re-coupe of the dollars. best of luck but a buyer better bring cash

Fastmark

Well let me do the math here. I can sell my original paint, rust free, all matching numbers with buildsheet AAR for perhaps $40,000? I've been offered $35k already. Put $10k with it and buy this one. I've got a complete extra TA motor already do I could build it and have a nice car. I'd be swapping a matching numbered car for a better color. I guess the question would be how well the metal work was done on the car. I sure do like original metal cars. Something to think about.