Main Menu

Another vert up for grabs

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 30, 2019, 05:07:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

bcbassfishing

Get rid of the color match shaker bubble and yes this thing looks decent.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: bcbassfishing on May 30, 2019, 08:16:03 PM
Get rid of the color match shaker bubble and yes this thing looks decent.

I was thinking it's a good price if the hood is the only issue. Don't find that many big block four speed convertibles in that price range.

340challconvert

Looks like a decent car for the money
It is hard to find a Challenger vert in good shape for that money.
Original shaker hood and original components would be worth a few bucks (so long as it is not rusted out)  Does need some work to improve on!

Car is an original BB w a 4 sp and some nice options.
A fun driver that will probably sell in the low $40's

Currently has only 3 bids up to $12.6K

Challenger Lover; Thank you for posting!     :cheers:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Spikedog08

Looks like a pretty cool car!   
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JH27N0B

It looks priced to sell.
Too bad about the color change.  I'm not one of these people that are hung up on #s matching, it's a real N code which is good enough for me. But that does need to be factored in as so many get overly obsessed with whether or not a car is #s matching and will make the car harder to sell.  In several decades of attending many shows and cruises I've yet to have even a single person crawl under my cars to check the engine numbers, but whatever...
It would need to have a thorough inspection to make sure the underside is solid and not rusty and crusty, but if that checks out the car looks like a good buy!

70 Challenger Lover

If I didn't just buy a convertible, I'd be very tempted to go inspect it and try and work out a deal with the seller. An N code 4 speed car in a JH car is very unusual but being a convertible makes it even more special. Obviously if there was major work needed, that would change everything.

JH27N0B

Keep in mind that you couldn't get an R/T convertible in '71.  Not sure why that was seeing how you could still get a '71 cuda convertible. But an N code was the biggest engine you could order in a 71 Challenger convertible and along with the H code, buyers needed to build themselves an R/T equivalent if they wanted to get a high performance convertible starting with either the H or N code specified.

ragtopdodge

Looks good.

Too bad about the non-numbers matching drivetrain.

Hard to make out that 2nd line item in the buildsheet whether it says D21 or not.

Definitely worth $42k to me if it's not a rot box/bondo bucket perfumed pig.  Too bad it's a 71, otherwise I'd be on it if it was a 1970.

340challconvert

Car is catching on; now bid to $33.3k as of late today
:takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

gzig5

Crocha617

Has anyone seen this one in person or live nearby? A friend of mine is interested in it.

303 Mopar

Its all over Facebook e-body sites.  Owner commented that the bubbles on the front of the hood are the only rust spots, but would not provide more detail pics of undercarriage, rockers or quarters. It looks like he will get real close, if not meet, the buy it now.