Main Menu

Current Mecum auction

Started by blown motor, January 06, 2022, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

It may be an estate, or an aging out or terminally ill collector needing to liquidate his collection of Corvairs.
You see that fairly often at the Mecum auctions where a series of same or very similar cars are being run.
I think there's a group of 80s-90s Mustangs running consecutively at Kissimmee this year, and recall for sure that a big % of the LS6 Chevelles ever made it seems like, are all running in a row coming up.  I don't even think MCACN has had that many LS6s at the same place!  I would guess all were from the same collection?
So it's not unusual.  But does it depress the prices, or help attract a large number of potential buyers to the auction?  If there were a dozen 70 hemi Cudas running in a row would a bunch of the big players in the Mopar arena register to bid compared to if there was just one of those cars listed?

blown motor

There seems to a few runs this year. I saw a run of 10 69 Camaros which prompted me to wonder how many 69s in the whole auction. The answer is 54! Take your pick.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

6pack

I personally would never purchase a car from an auction for many reasons, but I do enjoy watching on TV. Alot of money flying around spent stupidly.

usraptor

I agree.  Fun watching.  It's like being at a car show in your living room.  Fun to watch what's trending and see the variety of old muscle.  I record so I fast forward all the Mercedes/Porsches/ and the rest of the foreign super cars.  Not interested.  I want to see classic American muscle and cars I owned back in the day.  :banana:

Mopsquad

I agree.  Unless you are in the circle of knowing how most of these auctions are run, you're rolling the dice on the car that you want or purchased. 

I'd love to see an 20/20 type expose showing what really happens behind the scenes at these auctions.

blown motor

Big Mopar day today, 23 muscle cars. A TA just sold for $110,000. There's a 70 Hemi Cuda convertible coming up after lunch. Also a couple Daytona's, a couple Superbirds and a couple more TAs.

anlauto

Another 71 Cuda clone (bit of a turd) sells for $68K....EVERYBODY wants a 71 Cuda :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Not me.  :dunno:
At these prices I don't know if I'll want to ever buy another car again.  :headbang:

blown motor

Custom builds are big money. This just hammered at $300,000!

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on January 14, 2022, 10:00:58 AM
Custom builds are big money. This just hammered at $300,000!
$330K with fees....I've been trying to tell you guys this for awhile, not everybody's cup of tea....but certainly a very hot trend right now...

This Charger still has stock style suspension and an old school Hemi....imagine if it had a Hellcrate motor  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

anlauto

Vipers seem to be doing well  :bigmoney: :bigthumb:

blown motor

Numbers matching 70 Challenger RT/SE sold at $170,000

RzeroB

Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2022, 12:57:43 PM
$2.1 MILLION....reserve not met  :'(
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-498359/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible/

Two and a half years ago it sold at Mecum Indy (2019) for $1.85M but the deal later fell through. Now it's "reserve not met" at $2.1M??  :bigmoney:  Peter must of adjusted his reserve for ... inflation??  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

blown motor

70 TA, sublime, assumed not numbers matching, $75,000.

70 TA, panther pink, numbers matching, 1 of 12, $180,000