Main Menu

nice red AAR

Started by kathyscuda, December 18, 2018, 05:22:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

AAR#2

Quote from: aussiemark on January 03, 2019, 11:10:38 PM
Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on December 19, 2018, 06:49:29 AM
I wouldn't shy away from it if it were pretty much what I was looking for. All the e body cars were famous for being poorly made cars right off the line. We have gotten so used to SEMA quality concours perfection that when it is not, we automatically judge it to be junk and not worth having. And if we worried about what might be hidden on every nice car, then no one would ever buy finished cars. We would buy junk piles and pay another 100k to restore it correctly. Which essentially means only top cars like hemis and six packs ever get restored since no one would pay 100k plus for a 72 Challenger 318 automatic car.

When I restored my 70 Superbee, I had hundreds of pictures of everything in every stage. That car needed to new rear quarters so new ones were installed by a professional shop with a fantastic reputation. When I eventually sold it, I remember a guy looking at it telling me the quarters were full of mud. He was full of crap. I visited the car twice a week. It was done right and I took a lot of photos along the way. I tried showing him the photos of the new quarters on without paint but he was so married to his opinion that he couldn't stop to consider that he might be wrong. It didn't take me long to realize he was the wrong buyer. The car certainly wasn't SEMA quality but show me a $26k car that is.

I suspect this guy would come down to 55k for a serious buyer. That's not that far off his asking price.
It sounds like that guy was just a dreamer and probably didn't have $26 never mind 26k I've encountered people that go on and on about something that could be wrong with a car and then when you prove it is perfect they act disappointed as if they want to buy a car with issues I hate selling anything I am sure there are weirdos going around annoying people trying to sell like some sort of hobby.

Lets be honest, while the car hobby is filled with enthusiasts' who love and care for these cars, it is also littered with immoral unscrupulous flippers who prey of those that lack the technical expertise to refute their claim. Their entire end goal is to buy (ok, steal) low and sell high. Akin to a poor mans version of a CEO, making money off the work of others.