Main Menu

opinions on this v code Cuda

Started by chris NOS, March 09, 2020, 06:55:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

chris NOS

May i ask opinions about this car , what do you see that's not correct or not original , it's for sale since a long time now (little pricey in think) and it's a pretty cool one i could buy..
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/plymouth/cuda/1970/556847

anlauto

I don't see any "glaring" mistakes in the restoration based on those pictures...would like to see underneath and more engine shots without the air cleaner...maybe a trunk shot...that's where most incorrect details come into play.

I thought the car was white until I got to the fender tag picture.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chris NOS

thank you , what do you think about the color combo on it , i like it but ,is this a plus or a minus on value ?
i think the left quarter is been replaced , the bottom line is not aligned with the door , i will have to inspect it anyways ,any idea if the Hood is original?

RUNCHARGER

It looks pretty good in the photos, good enough that it would be worth going to look at. Price is high, colour is not a bonus and might not detract from value but would cut down the number of potential buyers IMO. I think most buyers that can afford a good car are more concerned with the quality of it than the colour. Buyers that have a little less cash and want a driver quality car are influenced more by the colour than the quality. I can't tell on the hood, the shaker scoop could be original though which is a good sign.
The wipers hanging up on the windshield trim really bug me, I see a lump in the vinyl roof and the steering wheel should be restored for that much $$$. I wouldn't buy it without looking at it in person for sure.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Nice car and I hate to pick them apart.... but since you asked and for that price it should be done to a higher level.  The pinch welds under the rockers should be blacked out, based on the wheel lip molding the quarters look to have been replaced (would check to see if they were done right), bubbles under the vinyl roof are a red flag, steering wheel needs work, front radiator black out looks to be missing or not down all the way, paint quality looks poor (but so was the factory paint), heater blower motor should not be black (should be zinc plated), and need more photos of the under side....

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 09, 2020, 09:25:34 AM
:iagree:  Nice car and I hate to pick them apart.... but since you asked and for that price it should be done to a higher level.  The pinch welds under the rockers should be blacked out, based on the wheel lip molding the quarters look to have been replaced (would check to see if they were done right), bubbles under the vinyl roof are a red flag, steering wheel needs work, front radiator black out looks to be missing or not down all the way, paint quality looks poor (but so was the factory paint), heater blower motor should not be black (should be zinc plated), and need more photos of the under side....

@Cuda Cody while at Carlisle a couple of years ago I met up with you  in the back row of the swap meet and we were looking at a Sand Pebble Beige 70 Cuda...I had pointed out the firewall was changed.....Could this be the same car ? I can't remember :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I bet you might be right.  That looks a lot like the same car that we were looking over.  Good memory!

js27

A good friend of mine owned a 70 440+6 Sand pebble Beige under a black top and white interior. He had it at Carlisle many times. He is from PA and sold it a few years ago to a dealer. He had a few muscle Mopars and sold them to go modern. He owns 2 Hellcats now. I can't say for sure but it could be his old car. I was at the body shop a few times while it was being done..
I will copy the link and send it to him for verification.
JS27

chris NOS

thank you , i appreciate all infos and Js27 waiting if it's the same car ,it says it's only one on one with this config',  i know there are pictures of the restoration with the car too.

R/T's 4 R/P

As it appears you are in France and the car is on the mainland in Europe, so there is a benefit to not having it shipped.
Sandpebble beige only looks good in a few combinations...this is one that looks very nice.
Like a lot of colors of that era, they didn't age well, so seeing it in its 'glory' is nice.

I agree, with former comments...when there are shortcuts you see, what shortcuts don't you see?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

6pack

Although that color is not as popular as other combos.  It is a nice car.  When I was young I was told when you are looking to buy a car buy the one that you could easily sell if you had to sell it the next day.  That line of thought would filter a car like that right off the playing field.  There is a reason it is not selling.  It is not a color combo that is well admired and the price is way too high.  Could you sell it the next day for that price?  Would there even be a market for that particular car.  I say keep looking.  You will know when the right one shows up.  Good luck.

js27

Quote from: chris NOS on March 09, 2020, 01:27:41 PM
thank you , i appreciate all infos and Js27 waiting if it's the same car ,it says it's only one on one with this config',  i know there are pictures of the restoration with the car too.
I emailed him yesterday and am waiting to hear back from him. Sometimes he is out of town on jobs and take a few days to hear from him. I will keep you posted.
JS27

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 09, 2020, 09:25:34 AM

I'm curious about the lack of moldings (anodized) on the door tops.  Was this possible on a Cuda (other than an AAR) in 1970? 

JS29

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: JS29 on March 10, 2020, 06:38:43 AM
@Yellow71Cuda  My 70 gran coup has them.  :yes:

My question is, would a "Cuda" not have them?  I had thought it was part of the "Cuda" (BS code) package...just as the tail panel trim was.  This 440-6 Cuda does not have them.