Main Menu

opinions on this v code Cuda

Started by chris NOS, March 09, 2020, 06:55:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

That is a question for @6bblgt but i think you are correct.  :popcorn:

anlauto

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on March 10, 2020, 06:24:10 AM

I'm curious about the lack of moldings (anodized) on the door tops.  Was this possible on a Cuda (other than an AAR) in 1970?

Good eye, :worship:  I never noticed that. YES this car should have those moldings for sure in my opinion. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yellow71Cuda

I'm really not trying to be a jerk or bash anyone (or any car), but I'm kinda OCD about details on these cars, especially those being sold with higher asking prices.  It's a beautiful car, but for >$135k, the driver's side dome lamp switch should not have been left in place when the car was repainted (photo #10). 

anlauto

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on March 10, 2020, 07:33:00 AM
I'm really not trying to be a jerk or bash anyone (or any car), but I'm kinda OCD about details on these cars, especially those being sold with higher asking prices.  It's a beautiful car, but for >$135k, the driver's side dome lamp switch should not have been left in place when the car was repainted (photo #10).

I agree with you 1000% about the little details, and I saw that too, but I was on the fence thinking it might be a silver coloured switch, it's really hard to tell. My thinking was...with this "level" of restoration, there would be NO WAY someone would just paint over that switch  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

chris NOS

Quote from: 6pack on March 09, 2020, 05:43:33 PM
Although that color is not as popular as other combos.  It is a nice car.  When I was young I was told when you are looking to buy a car buy the one that you could easily sell if you had to sell it the next day.  That line of thought would filter a car like that right off the playing field.  There is a reason it is not selling.  It is not a color combo that is well admired and the price is way too high.  Could you sell it the next day for that price?  Would there even be a market for that particular car.  I say keep looking.  You will know when the right one shows up.  Good luck.

thank you , i appreciate your comment ,you read my mind ! i m even asking myself if getting a 440-6 i wouldn't regret not going the full way for an Hemi ... those car when they were racing here in europe they were known like Hemicuda , even if Chrysler France ordered some 440-6 and put the hemi motor in it for economical reason i guess ,always known like the Hemicuda ,
I would be bored from people always asking , hey is this an hemi ?? each time i get it out !!!
and , unfortunately those expensive US cars are hard to sale in Europe small market here ...
I m not going to ask difference in hemi and 440-6 for driving , i will drive only sporadly ,doesn't make big difference i guess...for sure i want a 4 speed .
And for all the incorrect details  you guys keep on enlightening , i m going to wait to the planet to align , i have waited 20 years for my GT 350 , i can wait for the good Mopar too!,

(I ll try to go see the car in switzerland to educate myself ).always interesting to inspect a car ...

js27

If it is my buddy's car he wasn't going for the OE resto. Just a nice show car driver.
JS27

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on March 10, 2020, 06:46:32 AM
Quote from: JS29 on March 10, 2020, 06:38:43 AM
@Yellow71Cuda  My 70 gran coup has them.  :yes:

My question is, would a "Cuda" not have them?  I had thought it was part of the "Cuda" (BS code) package...just as the tail panel trim was.  This 440-6 Cuda does not have them.

Looking online, I've found a few photos of 1970 Cudas that do not have the door top moldings.  Now I'm really curious, as I had always thought these moldings were standard on all Cuda models. 

anlauto

Okay....we need Dan on the scene...Maybe it was an early vs late thing in 1970, or a shortage at one point...

I'm with you, I was under the impression, that aside from AAR's, I thought ALL 1970-1974 "BS" Cudas wore that option  :looney:

chris NOS

Quote from: js27 on March 10, 2020, 09:12:11 AM
If it is my buddy's car he wasn't going for the OE resto. Just a nice show car driver.
JS27
:thankyou:

6bblgt

1970 Plymouth 'cuda BS23/BS27 - M31 "belt mouldings" were STANDARD (along with M25, M26, M88) *
                                        * M26 DELETED second 1/2 of year on hemi'cuda
                                           M25/M26/M31 DELETED on AAR (M26 OPTIONAL on AAR)

M31 on fender tag & M31 on 'cuda = STANDARD
for about a month during the fall of 1969 a number of "E-SERIES" 1969 model year broadcast sheets were used at the assembly plants

IMO - this resulted in the following:
M31 on fender tag and M31 on 'cuda
NO M31 on fender tag and M31 on 'cuda
M31 on fender tag and NO M31 on 'cuda
NO M31 on fender tag and NO M31 on 'cuda

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 10, 2020, 12:26:42 PM
1970 Plymouth 'cuda BS23/BS27 - M31 "belt mouldings" were STANDARD (along with M25, M26*, M88)
                                        * M26 DELETED second 1/2 of year on hemi'cuda & M25/M26/M31 was DELETED on AAR

M31 on fender tag & M31 on 'cuda = STANDARD
for about a month during the fall of 1969 a number of "E-SERIES" 1969 model year broadcast sheets were used at the assembly plants

IMO - this resulted in the following:
M31 on fender tag and M31 on 'cuda
NO M31 on fender tag and M31 on 'cuda
M31 on fender tag and NO M31 on 'cuda
NO M31 on fender tag and NO M31 on 'cuda

Very interesting history.  Thank you!

anlauto

So what are you saying ? This Cuda never came with them ? :huh:

JS29

No M31 on the tag= no belt moldings on the car.  :yes:

6bblgt

6bblgt

Quote from: JS29 on March 10, 2020, 02:45:13 PM
No M31 on the tag= no belt moldings on the car.  :yes:

it's not that simple late-September/October 1969 - there are correct 'cudas with the moulding on the car & not on the fender tag (like there should be, as they were STANDARD)