Main Menu

1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible barn find

Started by adm413, May 09, 2022, 05:30:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

adm413

This popped up on a couple different mopar groups that I am in on facebook today. I don't know if it is legit but if so would be an incredible find. If anybody knows any back story to the car please fill us in on how it was found or came to light. I can't imagine opening the garage to a black hemi Cuda convertible four speed car. This is definitely a holy grail find if legit!

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=516801696596787&set=pcb.1449508685502778

Mr Cuda

I do not  follow all things hemi, as I  will never own a real one. For the obvious reasons of money.
But with only  14 to find, was this one missing?
  And pictures please, not on Facebook to view page.

anlauto

Link didn't work for me, but I would like to believe they are all accounted for by now  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I've not seen a picture of the fender tag yet.
I know nothing other than the few snippets on fakebook.

For posterity
A rubbing of the fender tag

The comments go on and on with some cool info on the car.  And on and on about how they bought all the cool cars back in the day for pennies on the dollar.
On ebodiesfakebook.
Dyno-Dean Lucas

I scrolled and didn't see this on the group yet so here goes...
Brad Miles received this pic from a friend who said the pic was taken a couple weeks ago.
The car is/was in Texas.
"R" code, it is also a 4 speed with the Elastomeric bumpers.
Additional photos courtesy of Stacy Waite.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mr Cuda

So.....known car or what?
Stored in a storage locker. No respect.  Not even a car cover.

6bblgt

real deal, known car, many people have tried to buy it in the past, just never "FOR SALE"  :yes:  until recently

original owner, ordered from the dealership he worked at - been in that storage locker for at least 20 years  :-X

6bblgt

:o & the above pics are mis-labeled - VIN is BS27R0B280899

YellowThumper

Yep making its rounds.
Multiple sources calling it legit now.
Known but not available until now.
Wish I was wealthy instead of good looking..
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on May 09, 2022, 06:18:25 PM
Link didn't work for me, but I would like to believe they are all accounted for by now  :dunno:

I stand corrected, there is one 70 Cuda still listed as "lost" BS27R0B100012, but as others have mentioned, this one was known....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

You were missing the most important pic of them all...the original owner pic....

anlauto

So what does the car sell for in this condition ?  Great picture above  :bigthumb:

cuda hunter

I fixed the mislabeling.

I also did not figure it was my place to post the picture of the previous owner. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

FE5CUDA

That is a very well known car with the "hard" core MOPAR guys since the 70's, never for sale and in that same storage unit for years.  I stood in line over 25 years ago to buy it.  Dan is correct, original owner since new and worked he for the dealership where he ordered it new.  Definitely not a "barn find", anyone that was anyone in the hobby knew about that car.

cuda hunter

I'm no one, and know no one in the hobby.  Didn't know about the car. 

Glad it's made it's way out and will be restored by one of you guys that are in the know. 

Hope to see it all shiney and new again. 

6bblgt

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 10, 2022, 08:23:42 AM
I'm no one, and know no one in the hobby.  Didn't know about the car. 

Glad it's made it's way out and will be restored by one of you guys that are in the know. 

Hope to see it all shiney and new again.

it needs washed/waxed & some maintenance/mechanical issues fixed, but hopefully it remains unrestored