Main Menu

71 cuda billboard poll

Started by Spikedog08, August 10, 2017, 10:29:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

If you could buy a 1971 cuda now, would you have a billboard??  

Yes - Black
25 (47.2%)
Yes - White
8 (15.1%)
No
16 (30.2%)
Not sure
4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Spikedog08

So here is the question . . . if you could go today and buy a 1971 cuda, would you order one with a billboard or not?   :huh:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Well, first I wouldn't order/buy a 71 Cuda.... 70 yes, Hockey Stick yes... 71 no but if I had to I wouldn't have a billboard.... 

70 = Clean good looking lines...

71 = Cluttered & Gaudy... The grill is busy, the fender gills are useless & the billboards overpower the original clean lines....

ViperMan

Is this about the one there in town?  :)

headejm

For me it would depend on the color of the car. Black, white, or none. Some colors look great with a billboard and some don't. If I had a billboard, I wouldn't have a wing. Too much.  :alan2cents:

MEK-Dangerous

I would order one. It was a one year only option, so that made the '71 Cuda even more unique. I really don't know if I would order a back or white billboard. So just saying I was ordering a '71 Cuda in Plumb-crazy, then I would choose white billboards.

Can I place my order now??    :crazytalk:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 10, 2017, 10:36:25 AM
Well, first I wouldn't order/buy a 71 Cuda.... 70 yes, Hockey Stick yes... 71 no but if I had to I wouldn't have a billboard.... 

70 = Clean good looking lines...

71 = Cluttered & Gaudy... The grill is busy, the fender gills are useless & the billboards overpower the original clean lines....

I feel exactly the same way, '70 is my favorite year with the parking lights and hockey stick stripe is my favorite (even more than the AAR strobe).  If I did have a '71 it would have a billboard, then I would probably sell it and buy a '70!   :banana:

Finoke

I absolutely love the quarter panel sport stripe aka Billboard! I'm thinking they weren't appealing in 1971 because only about 1/3 of Cudas got them.

RUNCHARGER

I like my stuff clean too so no billboard, I would absolutely need to order optional seats and a rallye cluster as well.
Sheldon

anlauto

Same car :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

I voted No Billboard ...
I'm about understated/under the radar type of guy, hard ta believe I know  :rolleyes: 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

6bblgt

Quote from: Finoke on August 10, 2017, 05:22:06 PM
I'm thinking they weren't appealing in 1971 because only about 1/3 of Cudas got them.

IMO 1/3 of production is pretty popular - vinyl top is "only" 41%

you can't please all of the people all of the time - that's why there are 18+ color choices  :alan2cents:

1971 extra cost OPTIONS that made it on over 50% of 'cudas:
power steering
console
sure-grip
340 4bbl
automatic
AM radio
F70-14 w/RWL
rallye wheels
3-speed wipers

the above is the typical 1971 'cuda

Chryco Psycho

:iagree: With 303 & Wild
I would order a 70
Assuming I could go back in time over a 71
If I was to order a 71 it would be similar to the one I almost bought
it was orange but I would would order Plum Crazy ,440+6 ,4 spd, track pack ,louvers wing & spoilers but , ralley wheels ,shaker hood, elastomeric bumpers , but no billboards  .
I was offered this car & should have bought it  :bricks:

Quote from: anlauto on August 10, 2017, 05:38:42 PM
Same car :thinking:

Those two photos are what have had me debating for a year or so in taking off my billboard
They hide the body line.

nsmall

I was going to vote Yes but then I saw Alans pic and now I'm voting No. 

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Alan's photos confirm how I feel. It is a good looking car without the billboard in my eyes. I know a lot of people like them and I can respect that, just not my thing is all. Given the choice this is what I would have ordered for a Cuda. I wish the AMD stuff had been available when I restored this car, I would probably still own it.
Sheldon