Main Menu

A66 Challenger Registry

Started by 340challconvert, February 09, 2020, 08:14:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

A66 Challenger convertible for Sale

A66 Challenger CONVERTIBLE listed on topclassiccars. 4 sp car in my favorite color B7. Not highly optioned. Does have a white interior and white power top. stripe delete car. Seller looking for Forty Five K.     Galen decoded 

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/.../431876-1970-dodge...

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

2nd A66 Challenger convertible For Sale (more of a project)

Another A66 Convertible project (needs torsion bar frame work) automatic up for sale. Owner claims matching numbers w 43k miles.
Nice color combo; FK5 w matching color interior with white vert top and bumble bee stripe. Another power top car!🤓 Car is in New Jersey, down the shore in Beach Haven.
Car has rallye wheels (unknown size) hood has no holes for emblems (early decal car?) Regular dash w after market radio

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/dodge/348320-1970-dodge-challenger-convertible-340-performance-package-mopar-cuda-charger.html

340challconvert

I kept tabs on this A66 Challenger convertible that was for sale on Fast Lane back in May of 2011. Nice, loaded A66 vert, automatic with ps, pb, pw, 6 way seat and factory AC. Car also has hood pins, rim blow wheel and is in FK5/black. Car was sold somewhere down the line. I have it originally listed on Mid American auction and sold in March, 2010. I do have a file on it as JH23 H0B 171654. Anyone know of this car? https://youtu.be/8hHqFWk1XEA

Stunning and well equipped A66 vert;

340challconvert

Thanks to Chris K's info; with his tip on Farlandcars. Looks like they detailed the car and sold it to someone in the Mid-West. Apparently they buffed the paint out, re-jetted the carb and did some electrical repairs. I looked up Farland's completed projects and the A66 vert came up. Car is still wearing the RT emblems that were on it 20 years ago. Thanks for the tip. 🤓 https://farlandcars.com/arch.../1970-dodge-challenger-rt-340#

340challconvert

Mystery A66 Challenger blue convertible build sheet;
Came across an old post on dodgechallenger.com. Poster found a build sheet in the back seat of his WSS 318 Challenger for an A66 convertible. Poster, Dan lives in Glenwood, Iowa (70westernsport) Only have a Vin from the posting from July 2006.

Anyone know about this car? JH27 H0B 379264     :thinking:

340challconvert

Picture I had on file of a very sad A66 Challenger.  Anyone know of this car?  :wrenching:

340challconvert

Found a post on Classic Nation about "the aggressive" look of a 70 Challenger convertible.
Posted about 5 years ago. Listed as an RT; has 340 emblems and added RT emblems.
Black with white interior. Looks to have the 15" rallye wheels.
Very likely an A66 convertible

https://www.classicnation.com/this-aggressive-1970-dodge-challenger-convertible-looks-excellent-in-black/

340challconvert

Tom Roland A66 Registry;

Still looking for his A66 70 Challenger

JH23 H0B 169296  :thinking:

Thanks to Ola on this

340challconvert

A66 Challenger was converted to a SS 440-6 race car way back.
Car is now for sale
Looking to clarify the serial number for the Registry,
Anyone want to take a shot at it; difficulty reading one number of the serial number.
I am reading; JH23 H0B 1_5312 Missing number possible a 5?

anlauto

I would GUESS "8" maybe  :huh:

How man cars do you have in your registry now ?

There's a tiny chance the convertible I posted this morning in the "eBay ad" section is an A66 ??
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

340challconvert

Looks to be an A66 4 speed that went through Mecum on Friday.
Black on black with a 6 pak added. 3:91 gears with some upgrades: firm feel steering, and rebuilt carbs by Scott Smith (Harm's)
Compensation on this one- $68.2 K

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0521-479409/1970-dodge-challenger/

340challconvert

Black Challenger turned out to be a 318 car cloned as an A66. Top price paid on this one :takemymoney:

340challconvert

Alan
As of May, 2021; there are over 150 partial and or full A66 cars in the Registry.
Along with what is formally submitted, I scope out what comes up at auctions, for sale ads and other related Mopar web sites. I also note and record any info on an A66 car I cannot ascertain a serial number for possible future correlation.
I also note cars that have "special" designations" or options such as a WSS A66 cars, A66 cars that come with V-8 fender emblems, moulding groups, 6 way seats, window louvers, and sunroof cars along with other more common options. The more data obtained allows a really cool drill down of the A66 cars.
Phil

anlauto

I sent you a PM with a VIN number wondering if it's in your registry, a friend just bought it.
I also recently posted an A66 car in the Interesting Ebay section, did you get that info ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration