Main Menu

Anyone ever saw my car before? White 71 Challenger small rear window - L.A. area

Started by Sly, January 13, 2017, 02:56:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Sly

Hello it is my first post in there  :perfect10:
I will present myself and my Challenger in another topic.

I am from France, I bought my 71 Dodge Challenger in 2013 in Germany. It was imported from Anaheim, CA to Europe circa 2010.

I would really love to know a bit on the past history of my car but can't find anything right now. I already asked on the Cuda-Challenger board.

Question is : anyone seen my car in the L.A area or elsewhere ?

I think this car did 1/8 mile runs in the US, when I bought it it had 4.30 rear axle gears, 383 had headers and big 750 cfm carb.

It also had a kind of Shelby scoop on the hood, black velvet interior, broken grill, one door was painted with a different white. The car suffered from many "not very good tastes" modifications but clearly is a good base to restore because it had many original parts too, I aim to get back to near the factory settings while driving it on weekends.

I can't find any info on the story of this car, if anyone knows something... It is a pretty rare small back window 71 Challenger (A78 code). It had tons of options from the factory (two fender tag plates), front disk brakes, power steering, overhead consolette, was GY9 external color, white vinyl roof and interior.

Please tell me someone already saw it in the street or 1/8 mile drag racing ? It would be really great. Thank you

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

That car if flippin' awesome!   :yes:  Bet that looks good in your garage!   :ohyeah:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

fc7cuda

Sly

Few more  :veryexcited:
Those a recent, I did many changes to the car since I got it. Will describe it later :)

Sly

And more recent ones ...

soundcontrol

Supernice car! ...and it looks so much better with that extra scoop gone. That must have been functional? I can't see anyone add that for looks.

anlauto

I restored this one years ago, also a formal roof white car with white interior :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

@Sly  Nice Challenger!!!!  And a 2 tag car too.  Totally looks cool with the blackout on the hood.  Really digging White E-Bodies.   :wowzers:

Sly

Thank you Cody ! Yes I love my car, I thought sometimes about selling it because I was kind of forced to, but i can't !
This is my dream car and hope to restore it like it should, it just needs time and money, nothing hurries. That is what I keep thinking to.

Anlauto : yeah I saw that pic before, I didn't know you restored it. Do you have other pics of that nice Challenger ?

I can't find any info on the Challenger : only thing I know is that it belonged before 2010 to an asian guy in Anaheim. No one knows my car  :crying:

61K T/A

Do you have or made a copy of title before you transfered title? If so try contacting the previous  owner. If not contact the DMV (division of motor vehicles) and request a search of the vehicle VIN. FWIW I always make a copy of the tiltle(s) before I transfer them.

Burdar

I know the formal roof was available in 71 but that's the first time I've seen it.  :lookatthat: