Main Menu

Barracuda option

Started by Fastmark, June 24, 2018, 10:36:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

Was a 70 Barracuda (not Cuda) available with a 383 and a manual transmission, sport hood with engine call outs, dual exhaust through the valance with chrome tips, a blacked out tail panel with chrome and a Barracuda script on the tail?

anlauto

Sure, but for the black tail panel it would have had the A22 bumper group though....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

It's hard to read on my phone but I take it that the A22 was only available in red?

6bblgt

Quote from: Fastmark on June 24, 2018, 10:36:47 AM
Was a 70 Barracuda (not Cuda) available with a 383 and a manual transmission, sport hood with engine call outs, dual exhaust through the valance with chrome tips, a blacked out tail panel with chrome and a Barracuda script on the tail?

70 Barracuda (not Cuda) BH23
383 and a manual transmission * 383HP yes & 4-speed yes
sport hood * yes
engine call outs * not on hood
dual exhaust through the valance with chrome tips * NO
blacked out tail panel with chrome and a Barracuda script on the tail * yes with A22

A22 started the 1970 model year "rallye red" FE5 ONLY (August '69)
January 1970 saw front & rear elastomeric bumpers available in 8 additional colors

Fastmark

I'm trying to figure out this parts car I just acquired. I realize too, that my only positive clues are things that are not bolted on and off. It appears that all the things I have listed are oem to the car. Are there any date codes on the sheet metal? Seems like I remember one on the rear valance. The k frame has a 52 coin and 119 0 date. It has a 781 bar in the left. Did not check the right. No reinforcement in the front or rear spring area. It's a manual transmission and no ac. No holes in the rocker for moldings. Did all Cudas get the gilled rocker molding? The three holes for the tail panel script has me puzzled. This appears to be a late car. What other colors did the bumpers come in?

Fastmark

Just gave the car another look and it does have the small holes for the Cuda rocker gills. Oh well can't figure out the barracuda script on the rear when the 'Cuda should be  stuck on. Oh well. It's just a parts car anyway.

anlauto

Is it two holes or three ?

Some early 70 "Cuda" emblems had studs ? At least that's what I've heard, I've never come across one. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Fastmark

It has three holes in exactly the right places for the Barracuda script. I pulled oem emblem off of my 6 cly parts car and it fit perfectly.

anlauto

Alright...well that answers that.... :D

cuda hunter

Quote from: Fastmark on June 25, 2018, 09:33:49 AM
Just gave the car another look and it does have the small holes for the Cuda rocker gills.

Which gills?  Cuda style or gran coupe style? 

Would either of these came with the a22 package? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Fastmark

Cuda style. They are smaller. Just screw holes. The gran coupe has big holes for clips.