Main Menu

Beware Windy City Muscle Cars - eBay

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 07, 2020, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

I wanted to warn people of a seller on eBay called Windy City Muscle Cars.

I ordered an inexpensive seat belt bracket from them a couple weeks ago. After ten days, I asked about the delay. I was rudely told that the ad stated there would be a fifteen day delay in shipping because of COVID 19. I responded that I understood and would wait but pointed out there ad did not state this. Again, another rude response that it did and I needed to read it more carefully.

Out of principle, I sent a picture of the ad back showing it stated 3 days, not 15. The message after that was even ruder but I ignored it. Later that day, I got a message stating my item had shipped. "Cool" I thought.

Today, it came in the mail. The bastards took a hammer and made it completely flat! The box was perfect though. This bracket is super thick. I could run over it with my truck and not get it this flat. That was a deliberate, malicious move.

Obviously, I provided negative feedback but that means nothing when they sell 100 or more items a day. I could send it back of course but why bother wasting $15 on shipping? I'll spend 10 minutes of my time bending it back into shape and no one will ever see it anyway. I just wanted to warn anyone who tends to buy parts off eBay like me out of convenience.

anlauto

So us some pictures...Sounds like a waiter spitting in your pasta :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Yeah, that's pretty much it!  It ain't really that big a deal in the end. I'm glad it's a part I can easily fix.

This is a pic after I started straightening it. I just need to not get too aggressive and crack it bending the tabs back in shape.

Ricomondo

I'd send back for an exchange or dispute the charge with your CC company.
FWIW I have ordered numerous times with them with no issues. One order did seem like it was taking long and turned out it was coming from the manufacturer.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

tman

Dispute it at Ebay or Paypal.  If you got something not matching description, you have a case.  Minus well make him miserable.

70 Challenger Lover

I do have recourse for sure. It's just not worth the aggravation over $37 bucks. I'd be forced to deal with the same jackass that treated me so badly and that is definitely not worth it. This was clearly malice. He said it was going to take another week to ship but after several nasty emails, it ships out within hours? And while the box is perfect, the thick durable item inside is completely flattened. That ain't coincidence. That was a message.

I did send a message though to the seller along with pictures. Hopefully I get someone different but I doubt it. If they are a legit company, they will offer to fix this. I'm not counting on it. I have it mostly back into shape anyway and no one will see it with the rear seats in.

And I have ordered from them before without issue. Obviously I won't spend money there again.

screamindriver

Ebay keeps track of all correspondence between the buyer and seller...If the item is not as described ebay themselves might give your money back and simply take it from the seller...37 bucks or not it's worth the effort just on principal alone..

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon