Main Menu

by plymouth emblem

Started by johnnydoe, March 27, 2017, 08:52:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

johnnydoe

after about 15 boxs of miscellaneous parts i found my orig. one in the bottom of a box , in great shape , black was worn off most of it but nothing broken or pitted .  :woohoo: :woohoo:

Rev-It-Up

That's awesome!  :banana: that usually only happens to me after I buy the part and install it.  :rolleyes:
Rev-It-Up

71GranCoupe

Quote from: johnnydoe on March 29, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
after about 15 boxs of miscellaneous parts i found my orig. one in the bottom of a box , in great shape , black was worn off most of it but nothing broken or pitted .  :woohoo: :woohoo:

You are luckier than I am. I find the missing part AFTER I buy one.   :headbang:

Cuda Cody

Good for you!   :woohoo:  That's a big savings.   :bigmoney:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on March 29, 2017, 02:02:47 PM

You are luckier than I am. I find the missing part AFTER I buy one.   :headbang:

:iagree:  I often forget I have the part already and go buy one, then find it when I'm looking for something else.   :bricks:

ScottSmith_Harms

Correct, 1971 only, all Cuda and Barracuda models. The cast pot metal emblem was chrome plated and Cudas should have a multi layer insert that has a black background color and silver lettering. This same casting was used for many applications for many years  (not all were 1971) they just changed the insert to the application. So far all of the reproductions Ive seen were a cast metal and were painted, no insert as originals. In other words, if you have a highly detailed car you'll want to spend the money for an original (Yes, rare and expensive). .02

anlauto

You'd think they could make a "foil" type insert like the 71-74 dash emblems easy enough... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ScottSmith_Harms

The insert was a multi layer sandwich of materials which used a now obsolete process, the top layer being a clear protective film. Doing an exact replica would be challenging.

Cuda Cody

:clapping:  I learned something new today!   :slapme5:

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on March 30, 2017, 06:39:24 AM
Correct, 1971 only, all Cuda and Barracuda models. The cast pot metal emblem was chrome plated and Cudas should have a multi layer insert that has a black background color and silver lettering. This same casting was used for many applications for many years  (not all were 1971) they just changed the insert to the application. So far all of the reproductions Ive seen were a cast metal and were painted, no insert as originals. In other words, if you have a highly detailed car you'll want to spend the money for an original (Yes, rare and expensive). .02

johnnydoe

I've bought plenty of times not remembering or finding the part I already had, I'm having it polished at the moment, then going to have it painted but not sure of the correct black yet

HEMICUDA

Currently in the process of reproducing these with Classic Industries.  They are, by far, having the most accurate emblems of any kind being reproduced today.

Cuda Cody

This is fantastic news!!!!   :banana:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 30, 2017, 11:22:47 PM
Currently in the process of reproducing these with Classic Industries.  They are, by far, having the most accurate emblems of any kind being reproduced today.

MoparDave

As Mentioned above. Classic/OER does have the best emblems available since they are in Bed with FCA.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

HEMICUDA

I've rounded up x1 of my own, Classic needs x3.  Don't need perfect, a tab can be broken off.  I will replace your sample with a new emblem, free of course.

Cuda Cody

I hope we can get you the 2 needed so these emblems get made!!  :banana:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 31, 2017, 03:12:11 PM
I've rounded up x1 of my own, Classic needs x3.  Don't need perfect, a tab can be broken off.  I will replace your sample with a new emblem, free of course.