Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Following this thread. I'm in the market as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shoooter

what colour black do the originals have? are they a gloss or more of a Matte black?

ScottSmith_Harms

The black was under a sheet of clear material (shiny lamination plastic like Mylar) which gave it a gloss finish. It wasn't paint like some of the current reproductions have.

MoparDave

@HEMICUDA  do you have any more info on the R&D of this from Jeff.?
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

HEMICUDA

Quote from: MoparDave on November 24, 2017, 05:49:36 AM
@HEMICUDA  do you have any more info on the R&D of this from Jeff.?

I do Dave, just emailed him Tuesday when they introduced the "Roadrunner" emblem which uses the same bezel, his response was I would be the first to know and it's in process.

Shoooter

every one I look at is different. can someone show me the correct looking one please?

Topcat

NOS one's start off black and then they fade over time to a bronzish color.

I've had 2 NOS one's do this so it actually is the correct look.
A little patina is a good thing.

djw383

nsmall

only $35????

Someone please give me a reason not to buy this?  After 3 attempts to make my OEM look nice, well, it doesnt.  Very tempting.

djw383

I restored one but still bought this, just because. I will post the quality when I get it.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: nsmall on March 06, 2018, 11:11:37 PM
only $35????

Someone please give me a reason not to buy this?  After 3 attempts to make my OEM look nice, well, it doesnt.  Very tempting.

I saw that there were just a handful available and bought one. I don't want to miss out since one is either, very expensive, torn up, or nonexistent.

Should be here next week!

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shane Kelley

Quote from: djw383 on March 07, 2018, 05:55:45 AM
I restored one but still bought this, just because. I will post the quality when I get it.

They look nice in the pictures. Great price. If they are as nice as they look in the pictures that will drive the price down on the originals. Some of those guys trying to get outlandish money for nice used ones will wish they had sold theirs a little cheaper when they had the chance.

anlauto

There's a nice original one on Mofarts right now for $350, and I was thinking that was cheaper then the seller usually asks.... :thinking: maybe he caught wind of these being available. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoodysGotaCuda

I just bought the one off of eBay, didn't realize Roseville sold it.

Glad to have an option! I'll likely use emblem tape to adhere it, I don't have the locating holes in my tail panel.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs