Main Menu

Cheapest Hemi engine

Started by CudaMoparRay, July 09, 2017, 04:25:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hato

i have been debating about this myself the best one i had was getting a hell cat short block and running 6.4 heads or thiktek,s with the mod man intake or get the hell cat block and go stroker kit it would weigh in at around 650#  a gen 2 is 200# more and more finicky so i hear still trying to catch a R code project for the garage if Cody doesn't get them all so i can do this swap. i think you would come out around 6k cheaper going 3rd gen hemi vs 2nd gen
here is what i had so far in parts list for a hellcat short block build with going turbo later on.
hellcat short block $3,900
indy mod man 2x4 efi $2,200
or f&b fast 3x2/2x4 i heard around $5,000 out the door
set of 6.4  heads $2,100
front accy kit $1,600
accy bundle $350
tti headers $660
mini starter $170
this is just a rough parts list am sure missing a bunch of other things that would quickly add up another $4-6k or more
the mod man from what i research is mixed feelings on the web i don't know anyone personally with one but it would match up to the normal car show attendees as a gen 2 and u could add a shaker or normal base to it.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: hato on July 12, 2017, 10:47:19 PM
i have been debating about this myself the best one i had was getting a hell cat short block and running 6.4 heads or thiktek,s with the mod man intake or get the hell cat block and go stroker kit it would weigh in at around 650#  a gen 2 is 200# more and more finicky so i hear still trying to catch a R code project for the garage if Cody doesn't get them all so i can do this swap. i think you would come out around 6k cheaper going 3rd gen hemi vs 2nd gen
here is what i had so far in parts list for a hellcat short block build with going turbo later on.
hellcat short block $3,900
indy mod man 2x4 efi $2,200
or f&b fast 3x2/2x4 i heard around $5,000 out the door
set of 6.4  heads $2,100
front accy kit $1,600
accy bundle $350
tti headers $660
mini starter $170
this is just a rough parts list am sure missing a bunch of other things that would quickly add up another $4-6k or more
the mod man from what i research is mixed feelings on the web i don't know anyone personally with one but it would match up to the normal car show attendees as a gen 2 and u could add a shaker or normal base to it.

This is pretty much what I'm talking about.
You have done a good bit of homework on this that can be very useful in going this route.