Main Menu

Cuda Cody's collection

Started by nsmall, February 25, 2017, 10:38:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Built the shop out of old recycled signs too.  Had to get special permission from the county, but after looking at the specification of the MDO Sign Plywood (BCX) they concluded it was about 5 times strong then CDX which is the minimum code you can build with.   

Saved a lot of money using old sign boards!  :D   Then used the extra money to over build the shop.  12" On Center studs without 12' of a corner, double / triple King & Trimmer Studs, doubled up every other stud on non load bearing walls, and double studded all load bearing walls.  Over-sized the glulams too.

RusTy/SE

Love it. A fully capable garage / shop. Sweat equity plus your Dad got to help you.. Too cool :bradsthumb:

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Timbbuc2

Job well done Cody, so happy your father was with you to see it done. I too like to do things myself, I built my shop but it is not as nice as yours. But due to county code it is as big as I could make it.
Get in, I'll drive

Shoooter

Thanks for sharing Cody.  Looks great, a guy could spend hours there!

Brads70

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 27, 2017, 08:08:40 AM
But due to county code it is as big as I could make it.

They just suck all the fun outta life don't they!  :)  I have the same issues here..... :pullinghair:

blown motor

You just have to be creative Brad. Wendall Clarke, former Toronto Maple Leaf captain live in Vaughn. He wanted to build a small arena so he could have his own ice surface. The municipality wouldn't go for it but they let him put up a horse barn and riding arena. I'll give you one guess at what's in the riding arena.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Timbbuc2

I have already posted one time on this, but I was looking at the structure again, and it just wows me. That is the Taj Mahal of shops. My uncle always told me if you over build you never have to worry about it. So true. Oh yea cars not bad either, JOKE
Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho

So if you cannot go bigger go down , go 3 levels underground with a lift !!

jimynick

Hey Brad, if you do build that garage and could use a hand from a broken down old fart, just let me know buddy!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Markp

Cuda Cody you have 3 T/A's  :wowzers: Do you have any pics of the plum crazy T/A? Which one is your fav?
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

The Purple T/A has not been on the road in decades.  I'm finishing the engine on it next week and Brewers went through the transmission on it.  Just making it a fun driver for now.  Here's what it looks like.  Nice solid T/A (yes I fixed that gloss hood and painted it organosol)   :D

As for favorite?  I like them all!  Running or not, projects or show cars, I haven't seen an E-Body that doesn't get me excited.

Quote from: Markp on February 28, 2017, 09:25:57 PM
Cuda Cody you have 3 T/A's  :wowzers: Do you have any pics of the plum crazy T/A? Which one is your fav?

RUNCHARGER

I love the condition of that car. It's not rough and you can still drive it all over and truly enjoy it without worrying about a rock chip.
Sheldon

Markp

Is the plum crazy T/A for sale???
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

:sorry:  not right now.  I' looked for a long time to find a clean rust free numbers matching 4 speed Purple T/A.  Just got it last summer so want to enjoy it a bit this summer.

Towing it on the trailer I think I got thumbs up and smiles per mile then any other car I've hauled.  Something about that FC7 that makes people happy!   :D

Quote from: Markp on February 28, 2017, 10:01:22 PM
Is the plum crazy T/A for sale???

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 28, 2017, 10:07:59 PM
Something about that FC7 that makes people happy!   :D

:iagree:

That TA is a super nice looking car and well optioned too.  The thumbs  :bigthumb: will continue once you have it on the road.

Quite a line for that car if you ever sell it I'm sure.  :alan2cents: