Main Menu

Do you have your fender tags and/or buildsheet?

Started by Topcat, April 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Please answer for E bodies only. This will indicate what the populus of those that still have tags and/or build sheet

Yes I have just the Fender tags
Yes I have just the build sheet
Yes I have both the Fender tags and the build sheet
No I don't have either

cataclysm80

Quote from: jimynick on April 12, 2017, 12:37:16 PM
I have the FT and BS (in fair condition) for my 74 Challenger. That is, if they didn't "go walkies" during the restoration thrashing!  :fingerscrossed:

Post that 74 broadcast sheet.  It's difficult to find info on 1974 cars.

jimynick

I'll try to find it and if I do, I'd be happy to post it. Like I said though, it's not in great shape, but we'll see.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 05, 2017, 07:12:36 AM
Quote from: Topcat on April 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM
Let's hear about your E body documentation.

I have both, but nobody really cares about the pedigree behind a 72 318/904 Barracuda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Same here. 74 318 with manual 3 spd. Power nothing. Fender tag only.
Also mentioned earlier in this thread. Yes lots of freedom to make mine.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

70/6chall

Since my /6 70 challenger is also an LA built car I do not have the broadcast sheet. I believe it had to do with their anti-trash program in that plant. When I changed out the burnt orange interior to black no broadcast sheet was found. Originally purchasing as a trade-in from my local Dodge dealership in 1973, I do have fender tag, door transperancy and the dash tag, all V.I.N. matching. Iv'e noticed also that my VIN sequence # is stamped into the top of the radiator support and under the cowl to hood seal on drivers side.In the glove box is the original owners manual and warranty card and various chrys. Ads. All enclosed in the vinyl holder.

cataclysm80

Quote from: 70/6chall on April 19, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
Since my /6 70 challenger is also an LA built car I do not have the broadcast sheet. I believe it had to do with their anti-trash program in that plant. When I changed out the burnt orange interior to black no broadcast sheet was found. Originally purchasing as a trade-in from my local Dodge dealership in 1973, I do have fender tag, door transperancy and the dash tag, all V.I.N. matching. Iv'e noticed also that my VIN sequence # is stamped into the top of the radiator support and under the cowl to hood seal on drivers side.In the glove box is the original owners manual and warranty card and various chrys. Ads. All enclosed in the vinyl holder.

I've heard that your car has an early build date.   When was it built?

70/6chall

Cataclysm 80, you asked for a SPD on my SL6 '70 Challenger. OK, an LA built car SPD of 818 ( Aug. 18, 1969) 100113, again #113 supposedly off the assy. Regular production cars most likely started on that Monday Aug. 18,  another thing SE trim, rallye wheels but yet NO indication on fender tag of these additions. Cal. Registration says first day sold was April, 22, 1970, from what dealership IDK. I asked a lot of Mopar guys about this, said maybe a dealer threw parts at a plain Jane car to get rid of it. Maybe an interested buyer said "If you put this and that on it I'll buy it" 8 or 9 mos. sitting on the lot, go figure. Then traded it in, and I came along buying it for $1,100. Here at the Dodge dealership in my town. Maybe, just maybe it could be a first day issue.

YellowThumper

I would vote for the dealer installed upgrade to make it more enticing.
Wouldn't be the first time hearing this.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

6bblgt

@70/6chall 1970 LA production (when up and running - 1 shift producing ~300 cars a day) & started off something like .....

18 pre-production cars (7-Barracudas, 7-Challengers, 2-Belvederes, 2-Coronets) assigned VINs 0E100001 thru 0E100018

first day of scheduled production Monday 8/18/69 (roughly 90-Barracudas, 90-Challengers, 50-Belvederes, 50-Coronets) assigned VINs 0E100019 thru 0E100300
they added more cars to the production queue on the second SPD 820 - Wednesday 8/20/69
and wrapped up the first week with the third SPD used 822 with additional cars on Friday 8/22/69

Your Challenger is the lowest '70 LA Challenger VIN I've heard of - can you share a fender tag pic? (I'd bet it was a lot earlier than the 113th completed car from LA)

if the typical car took 4 shifts to complete - start to finish &
if Monday 8/18 was the first day of work for union employees - no cars would be completed for at least 4 days (4 shifts)

cataclysm80

Thanks for sharing! 
I'd also love to see the fender tag info.

Have you looked for a broadcast sheet in the car?
Most LA cars don't have them, but occasionally someone finds one.

303 Mopar

@6bblgt @70chall440  - If it helps my Barracuda was built in Sept (no SPD) out of LA with the vin ending in 108284, so they were cranking them out by then.

JS29

My 70 gran coupe has an SPD of 9-09 and has A VIN ending in 103279 also built in LA.

70/6chall

Here ya go, 6bblgt, I'll do what I can to post up pics of fender tag and original door Mylar, how about pic of original owners manual. Hope this helps in your calculations. Also no broadcast sheet or sheets were found during complete change over from burnt orange to black in the interior. Probably having to do with LA plants anti-trash policy.

70/6chall

Oh, BTW, you will notice an inspectors stamp #14 at top of fender tag. Whatever it means.

70/6chall

6bblgt, I've posted up my fender tag and door Mylar. Was wondering what you thought of the SPD in comparison of the actual build date?           Thanks, AL

ec_co

Quote from: 70/6chall on April 21, 2017, 03:25:42 PM
Here ya go, 6bblgt, I'll do what I can to post up pics of fender tag and original door Mylar, how about pic of original owners manual. Hope this helps in your calculations. Also no broadcast sheet or sheets were found during complete change over from burnt orange to black in the interior. Probably having to do with LA plants anti-trash policy.

interesting that your door tag faded so much, but you have a couple hundred thousand more miles on yours than I do   ;)

need some newer/better pics of these   ::)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came