Main Menu

$165K [sold] '72 Hemi Cuda - What do you think?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, August 04, 2018, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-330224/1972-plymouth-cuda-resto-mod/

That is a LOT for a '72 car. The car looks nice, but I'm not seeing the $100K difference than I was expecting to see. What do you think?

I saw another restomod Camaro hit $181K in the same auction.  :takemymoney:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

blown motor

Resto-mods seem to be bringing good money. I wonder if it's because the average age of the buyers is getting younger and they don't have the emotional attachment to the old school factory original cars.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudakiller70

ledphoot

There's at least $70K, maybe even $100k spent pn that build, but the price it fetched is a bit shocking.

IRON MAN

That 72 Cuda is plain wicked. I can see a couple of NFL players in the room with disposable income bidding against each other, easily paying that type of cash for a one of a kind killer Cuda.

nsmall

Quote from: ledphoot on August 04, 2018, 08:22:50 PM
There's at least $70K, maybe even $100k was spent in that build, but the price it fetched is a bit shocking.

I couldnt agree more.  Seems fishy :thinking:

cudamadd

The same  120 k build but 165 k sold price is to much    :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

Hard to say, maybe 2 guys really wanted it. Or a dealer may have bought it back.
Here is how modified cars look in the future, that's the problem I see with them, you can spend a lot of money on them and when they go out of style, oh well.

https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/cto/d/1970-plymouth-duster-sport/6640849253.html

Sheldon

ledphoot

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 04, 2018, 10:19:02 PM
Hard to say, maybe 2 guys really wanted it. Or a dealer may have bought it back.
Here is how modified cars look in the future, that's the problem I see with them, you can spend a lot of money on them and when they go out of style, oh well.

https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/cto/d/1970-plymouth-duster-sport/6640849253.html

Well put, point taken !  :o

Quote from: ledphoot on August 04, 2018, 11:30:42 PM
wow what an interior  :unbelievable:

:iagree: and a mural to boot....

76orangewagon

Too murdered out for me...it needs a contrasting color other than the gray. I 'm glad I didn't go that extreme on my last build but I would have been happy getting half the amount that brought.

dodj

What's the idea behind extending the rocker panels lower?  :clueless:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

moparcar

Quote from: dodj on August 05, 2018, 04:39:14 AM

Usually to give a lower than actual look without giving up ground clearance plus it hides the factory pinch welds.

A lot of pro builders do this on their custom builds.

nsmall

Great eye.  I totally see it now. 

Dont worry.  Resto mods will never go out of style. :fingerscrossed:

Yes fads change, resto mods are very popular now.  Murals not so much.  Still fairly popular in SoCal

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: nsmall on August 05, 2018, 01:59:36 PM

Great eye.  I totally see it now. 

Dont worry.  Resto mods will never go out of style. :fingerscrossed:

Yes fads change, resto mods are very popular now.  Murals not so much.  Still fairly popular in SoCal

Yes and no, a "3rd gen Hemi" restomod can certainly go out of style when the next platform comes through.

Direct injection, force fed, more powerful, aluminum block, whatever that may look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs