Main Menu

door trim

Started by 1970 FM3 Cuda, May 21, 2023, 11:46:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 FM3 Cuda

I looking to find out if this door trim is factory, or dealer installed. This trim fits the door body lines and all the twist and turns correctly. This is molded out of aluminum.

This is not the normal door trim that comes in a roll, and you press on it back in the 80" s, this is pressed on, but it is molded exactly as the door is.

I have seen this trim on two different cars I have owned. 1970 western sport special, and 1970 se challenger both cars are highly optioned with chrome trim.

The chrome does have a part number, but it doesn't look to be a part number from dodge.

Thoughts?

Thanks

71GranCoupe

Not sure about Challengers, but this option was available on Barracuda/Cudas. I have a set for the Cudas, and they are stainless steel. They are sealed and not able to view any numbers currently.

MoparLeo

M05 option code. Check your build sheet
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

71GranCoupe

Quote from: MoparLeo on May 21, 2023, 12:15:24 PM
M05 option code. Check your build sheet

Did the code show up on the fender tag as well. My promo car did not have them, so just curious. I kind of remember seeing them on 1 or 2 on Challenger fender tags, but that was a long time ago.

1970 FM3 Cuda

I don't have a build sheet, I just wanted to make sure these are original and note after market, getting ready to repaint it and don't want to install them if they are not originally on a challenger.

these are not on the fender tag, unless its part of another option, and these maybe stainless. 

thanks for the help here.

R/T's 4 R/P

Those don't look original to me.
I do not think the originals went up as high, or down as low as yours, and I recall there being tabs on the inside where they were screwed to the door.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

318Stroker

Those absolutely look like factory correct door edge guards to me. I have a set that I bought over the parts counter in the 70's. Yours has the correct split in the inner flange in the middle where it goes over the point of the body line contour. There were no tabs with screws to hold them in in place. They are strictly a press fit.

70/6chall

Hope this helps out. I believe the ones you have are factory OE. Found this on-line.