Main Menu

E-Body Color Chart, what do you pick?

Started by Cuda Cody, March 09, 2017, 01:52:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

This chart is from Brad Miles (who does fantastic E-Body photographs and models).  It's fun to look back and think about what color you would pick.   :D  I'm going EV2 with FC7 and GY1 a SUPER close 2nd.  But tomorrow it might be FC7 with EV2 and GY1 2nd.  It's that close for me.   :popcorn: 

What would you select?  And does it change if it's a Cuda or Challenger?

Roadman

I don't know the codes, but I love Burn't Orange.   :bradsthumb:

Cuda Cody

K5 is Deep Burnt Orange   :D  Nice choice!

Quote from: Roadman on March 09, 2017, 01:56:59 PM
     I don't know the codes, but I love Burn't Orange.   :bradsthumb:

Cuda Cody

I should see if he will put the names next to them....  :yes:  That would be cool!

anlauto

My first car I restored I painted EV2 TorRed.....so I guess I did that for a reason.....next was GY3 Curious yella.....so I guess mine would be one of those....oh yea....FJ6 too.... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Quote from: anlauto on March 09, 2017, 02:01:16 PM
My first car I restored I painted EV2 TorRed.....so I guess I did that for a reason.....next was GY3 Curious yella.....so I guess mine would be one of those....oh yea....FJ6 too.... :drooling:

Isn't EV2  Hemi Orange. ???         :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

I like EV2 as well on an E-body, although there really are no bad choices.
Sheldon

turbostang7

turbostang7

Quote from: Roadman on March 09, 2017, 02:10:09 PM

Plymouth called it TorRed Dodge called it Hemi Orange, same color

anlauto

Quote from: Roadman on March 09, 2017, 02:10:09 PM

I'll "Dodge" that comment... :no:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

turbostang7

I use this off of another web sight for reference material. (I would give credit where it is due but don't remember where I originally found this)

ec_co

I love em all, but I have a preference towards the blues. 69-70 B5 in particular
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

hato

if were just talking 1 car id order a b7 aar  for 2nd id get a fm3 t/a cause my parents wouldn't  let me buy 1 in 95 for 8k :crying: in fear of people saying i was Liberace. plus they didn't understand tough guys like pink  :deadhorse:

anlauto

Quote from: hato on March 09, 2017, 02:47:36 PM
if were just talking 1 car id order a b7 aar  for 2nd id get a fm3 t/a cause my parents wouldn't  let me buy 1 in 95 for 8k :crying: in fear of people saying i was Liberace. plus they didn't understand tough guys like pink  :deadhorse:

I agree with @hato I missed out on a B7 blue AAR project here in Ontario by a couple of weeks  :pullinghair: .....Car went Stateside, not sure if it was ever restored.....one of the rarest AAR colours... :drooling:

Cuda Cody