Main Menu

70 (Only) Cuda Door Bumper

Started by VCODE, November 13, 2017, 04:20:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

Is this Rubber Bumper correct on a 70 Cuda door. Looks untouched from the factory, what about the plastic & foam wind piece? It is a Chrysler part.
I know Challenger is different and has the plastic & foam piece attached at the 2 holes here instead of rubber bumper.
Bob

anlauto

The rubber bumper is correct for Cuda, there is no white plastic/foam piece on the Cuda, Challenger only.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GY3R/T

I have seen that bumper on deck lids and the rear of hoods/cowels, but haven't seen it in that position on the door of a 70 cuda. I have seen funny little things like that on original cars... I.E. riveted driprail/seal molding on one side of car and screwed-on molding on other side. What ever assembly line worker was supplied with. If you look closely on disassembly, sometimes you can see different faseners and small parts. ( Driver's VS Passenger's side).

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on November 13, 2017, 04:54:21 PM
The rubber bumper is correct for Cuda, there is no white plastic/foam piece on the Cuda, Challenger only.

Alan thanks for clearing that , I was sure on the Challenger but not 100% sure about the Cuda
Bob :bigthumb: