Main Menu

factory riveted fenders ?

Started by cuda hunter, June 20, 2019, 08:17:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Is this for real?  I've never heard of it and would like to know.

Original Cuda front fenders - you can see the factory rivets in the front bottoms of fenders.  I was told this is one way to tell factory original fenders - see pics.  I have a few more pictures if you are interested,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-Cuda/143299013697?hash=item215d496c41:g:c20AAOSwh-Jc7gsQ
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful, whoever sandblasts that beauty will find some interesting work.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Pardon me while I go get my hip waders...

6bblgt

I like it!  it may be an "about to explode" bondo bucket, but it is/was a real 340 'cuda * it is running/driving & complete/intact & ONLY $24K or less

440 * 4-speed * DANA60 * rallye gauges * dual mirrors * 6-way seat * power brakes * power steering * all 'cuda mouldings *  :banana: * it's "lemon twist" * (probably had a front rubber bumper) *what's not to like?
wonder if it has a fender tag and/or broadcast sheet?

the "rivets" on the front fender/valence are probably filling the former holes from AAR front spoilers

cuda hunter

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 20, 2019, 11:07:25 PM
I like it!  it may be an "about to explode" bondo bucket, but it is/was a real 340 'cuda * it is running/driving & complete/intact & ONLY $24K or less

440 * 4-speed * DANA60 * rallye gauges * dual mirrors * 6-way seat * power brakes * power steering * all 'cuda mouldings *  :banana: * it's "lemon twist" * (probably had a front rubber bumper) *what's not to like?
wonder if it has a fender tag and/or broadcast sheet?

the "rivets" on the front fender/valence are probably filling the former holes from AAR front spoilers

Spoilers.  That makes sense.  Thanks.

I agree with you Dan, not a bad price at all for what is there. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Rich G.

This reminds me of my 71 Cuda. Once I stopped crying after I got it sandblasted I called AMD and ordered everything! . Hopefully the drive train and interior is in good shape. Can be a nice car.

anlauto

Again...ass for every seat...I think someone would be glad to give $24K for that and just drive it as is....Attempting to restore it would be foolish. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration