Main Menu

First video of many to come with Mopar Collector Wade Ogle

Started by 72hemi, January 08, 2021, 03:21:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72hemi

I recently had an amazing opportunity to sit down with my friend Wade and talk about his passion for classic musclecars and collecting some of the rarest and most historic musclecars ever made. This is the first video of many to come in the future. You are not going to want to miss this! It's not only E bodies in his collection, but they make up the majority. I hope you enjoy this video as much as I enjoyed making it.

https://youtu.be/ZJ4wg84amKg
Life's too short to drive boring cars

davy442

WOW  !!!   What a collection  !!!

Saw Dick Smith's  427 comp cobra  ( red  #198) .  Probably the most winningest 427 cobra.  Met him at a SAAC meet ? 2008 ?

Looking forward to more video's  !!!

72hemi

Good eye! Yes the Dick Smith Cobra is the winningest 427 Cobra. It is also the fastest doing 198 mph back in 1967 at Daytona! I will be doing a video in the future on the Cobras.

davy442

Quote from: 72hemi on January 08, 2021, 04:38:21 PM
It is also the fastest doing 198 mph back in 1967 at Daytona!

His cobra was generally set up for flat road course, not a banked oval, and he knew he was going to be going faster than usual.  From what I remember, He, and his mechanic, lowered the front ride height may be about ? 2", for slightly better aerodynamics, which helped.  I think the 198 mph was clocked by the race track.  Ford was also there, and I think they clocked him slightly over 200 mph.

72hemi

Quote from: davy442 on January 08, 2021, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: 72hemi on January 08, 2021, 04:38:21 PM
It is also the fastest doing 198 mph back in 1967 at Daytona!

His cobra was generally set up for flat road course, not a banked oval, and he knew he was going to be going faster than usual.  From what I remember, He, and his mechanic, lowered the front ride height may be about ? 2", for slightly better aerodynamics, which helped.  I think the 198 mph was clocked by the race track.  Ford was also there, and I think they clocked him slightly over 200 mph.

That's incredible! I can't imagine going that fast in one of those.

anlauto

I had the ultimate pleasure of meeting Wade at MCACN 2015 when the Hemi E Body convertibles were there. Super nice guy :worship: very down to earth...I'll be watching these videos, I think it's great hearing the stories behind the cars....Thanks for sharing...

One thing I remember from MCACN was Wade actually knew of me....I introduced myself and he said...oh yea..."I know who you are"....That shocked me at the time :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72hemi

Quote from: anlauto on January 08, 2021, 04:59:55 PM
I had the ultimate pleasure of meeting Wade at MCACN 2015 when the Hemi E Body convertibles were there. Sure nice guy :worship: very down to earth...I'll be watching these videos, I think it's great hearing the stories behind the cars....Thanks for sharing...

One thing I remember from MCACN was Wade actually knew of me....I introduced myself and he said...oh yea..."I know who you are"....That shocked me at the time :drinkingbud:

Very cool! I really wanted to attend MCACN that year, but sadly couldn't make it.

The stories behind these cars are truly remarkable! I can't wait to share them.

And like you said Wade is an amazing person! So down to earth. I can't thank him enough for allowing me to bring the cars to my channel for all to see.

cudamadd

Thank.  You for posting just a great collection and a very well presented video. And a very good story of someone who  build up there knowledge of the muscle car . And later was in a position to build up a very nice collection.  :australia:

72hemi

Quote from: cudamadd on January 08, 2021, 05:23:23 PM
Thank.  You for posting just a great collection and a very well presented video. And a very good story of someone who  build up there knowledge of the muscle car . And later was in a position to build up a very nice collection.  :australia:

My pleasure! And thank you for the kind words.

70rag383

Great video! Can't wait for the next one. Wade seems like a genuine nice guy.

72hemi

Quote from: 70rag383 on January 09, 2021, 07:58:30 AM
Great video! Can't wait for the next one. Wade seems like a genuine nice guy.

Thanks! I am aiming to get the next one up next Friday. Wade is one of the most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Extremely down to earth.

71vert340

Very good. Waiting for the next one. Thank you.
Terry W.

mccannix

Looking forward to the next episode.
Excellent presentation of an awesome collection. :clapping:

Robarmelas

Great video! thanks for sharing. I did not know that collection was here in the area, can't wait for the next video.