Main Menu

Help identify this stainless trim part

Started by Rutro, May 19, 2017, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rutro

Can someone help identify this stainless trim part? Looks like there is a left and right version.
Where does it go? Thanks, Mark

Cuda Cody

:huh:  Don't think I've ever seen that before?

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Rutro on May 19, 2017, 10:38:26 AM
Can someone help identify this stainless trim part? Looks like there is a left and right version.
Where does it go? Thanks, Mark

Have seen it just not registering yet.    :thinking:

Cuda Cody

MoparDave

they hold the lower windshield molding corner pieces with a vinyl top.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Rutro

This part is small and thin stainless sheet. Each leg bend is about 1-1/2 inch long. I was thinking this is part of the SE vinyl trim, shinny dress up parts, somewhere about the front windshield. I've been scratching my head as well.

Rutro

MoparDave,
Does it get mounted near this part?

71GranCoupe

Quote from: MoparDave on May 19, 2017, 11:20:13 AM
they hold the lower windshield molding corner pieces with a vinyl top.

That's it, now we all know, LOL.  :headbang:  :cheers:

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Rutro

OK, now I need to figure out which side I'm missing.
Anyone have extras of these parts?
Thanks guys!

70/6chall

I believe, and I know I've seen these pieces before, not necessarily an SE piece. For a vynil top, they cap off the vynil top where the vynil ends at the bottom of the "A" pillar post. Like companion pieces to the stainless trim that encircles the back part of the vynil top at the bottom of the tumble home, or "C" pillar. Best I can come up with,Hope it helps.      Thanks,   Al

anlauto

68-70 B Body lower windshield trim corners.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

Thanks Alan I knew they trimmed off the bottom of the "A" pillar, wasn't sure if it was an E-body or a B-body for the vynil tops.your the guy in the know.      Thanks,   Al

6bblgt

Rutro

Thanks guys! you rock!!
Yea!! it's for a b-body, I don't need to look for another one.  :woohoo: