Main Menu

Im confused how to use this site

Started by nsmall, January 19, 2017, 10:23:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Is it a 73 thing?  Did the change the way they coded it?   :notsure:

Quote from: anlauto on January 21, 2017, 08:56:45 AM
@nsmall I thought your car has AC ? Why isn't it on the tag ?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 21, 2017, 09:15:53 AM
Is it a 73 thing?  Did the change the way they coded it?   :notsure:

Quote from: anlauto on January 21, 2017, 08:56:45 AM
@nsmall I thought your car has AC ? Why isn't it on the tag ?

I don't know ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 20, 2017, 12:55:47 PM
I've always wanted a 73 E-Body with a scheduled build date of 308.   :smile:

308 73? What's that, like your birthday or something?? :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

Yes, always wanted an E-Body with a scheduled build date on my birthday.   :fingerscrossed:

Quote from: RzeroB on January 21, 2017, 09:50:37 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 20, 2017, 12:55:47 PM
I've always wanted a 73 E-Body with a scheduled build date of 308.   :smile:

308 73? What's that, like your birthday or something?? :notsure:

anlauto

1973 ? Wow you're just a long pup...still wet behind the ears :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

nsmall

Alan, I was born in 1979, so I am a young pup too.  Alan, my car was a NON AC car (nothing wrong with the fender tag or the year 1973).  The guy who started the restoration on my car CUT THE FIRE WALL FOR AN AC OEM BOX and gave me the VERY incomplete box and non AC control panel and now I am in a funk.

Yes Alan, I need more caffeine as I am a little wore out (got a lot of little children at home, still have to work for like 23 more years) so I am thinking I will just cover the firewall hole with something removable and regret the decision later.  This aint no concourse rodeo and I am getting excited about tearing the car down within two months or so.

Thanks

anlauto

That's even better...put it back to non AC  :alan2cents: easy peasy

Cuda Cody

Don't stress the small stuff.  The guy that is doing your bodywork could weld you a standard heater box section back in that firewall pretty easy.  And because it hardly ever rusts right there most parts cars have the area available as a donor.  Call around to some of the Mopar wrecking yards and you'll find the section you need.  maybe post a photo of how bad it's cut up?  Your guy might be able to patch it with some flat sheet metal.  It's easy to do it right now before you paint it.  But your car and we'll help you do it anyway you want.   :handshake:

Quote from: nsmall on January 21, 2017, 03:39:21 PM
Alan, I was born in 1979, so I am a young pup too.  Alan, my car was a NON AC car (nothing wrong with the fender tag or the year 1973).  The guy who started the restoration on my car CUT THE FIRE WALL FOR AN AC OEM BOX and gave me the VERY incomplete box and non AC control panel and now I am in a funk.

Yes Alan, I need more caffeine as I am a little wore out (got a lot of little children at home, still have to work for like 23 more years) so I am thinking I will just cover the firewall hole with something removable and regret the decision later.  This aint no concourse rodeo and I am getting excited about tearing the car down within two months or so.

Thanks

anlauto

I would have the body shop repair the firewall with a flat piece of steel then get a simple stencil from any member here and cut and drill the new holes. :alan2cents:

Finding a standard heater box will not be a problem....

Cuda Cody

That's a great idea and pretty easy to do.  Will not cost much either.  Good thinking Alan.   :yes:

Quote from: anlauto on January 21, 2017, 07:31:07 PM
I would have the body shop repair the firewall with a flat piece of steel then get a simple stencil from any member here and cut and drill the new holes. :alan2cents:

Finding a standard heater box will not be a problem....

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on January 21, 2017, 07:31:07 PM

My favorite part about that plan is that it doesn't require chopping up another E body. 

RzeroB

Cody,

I raise my glass to you and yours for creating this website - it's pretty amazing. However, I discovered something rather unexpected about it today at work. Today I tried to log into the site at work and was met by a "website blocked - adult content" message that prevented the website from opening on my PC!

Its not your website, its my work. I work for Uncle Sam at a military installation in a secure building. The network security people keep the network clamped down pretty tight to secure it from cyber threats. I had no issue logging into C-C dot com, but I'm guessing that one of the security alogarithms securing the network must of interpreted the "bodies" in e-bodies dot org to be related to the female form!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

@RzeroB  thank you for the kind words.  The end if the first post in this thread might explain some of the issue....   It's kinda funny, but something we're working on as we grow.

http://forum.e-bodies.org/index.php?topic=110.0

Quote from: RzeroB on January 22, 2017, 11:38:05 PM
Cody,

I raise my glass to you and yours for creating this website - it's pretty amazing. However, I discovered something rather unexpected about it today at work. Today I tried to log into the site at work and was met by a "website blocked - adult content" message that prevented the website from opening on my PC!

Its not your website, its my work. I work for Uncle Sam at a military installation in a secure building. The network security people keep the network clamped down pretty tight to secure it from cyber threats. I had no issue logging into C-C dot com, but I'm guessing that one of the security alogarithms securing the network must of interpreted the "bodies" in e-bodies dot org to be related to the female form!