Main Menu

Im confused how to use this site

Started by nsmall, January 19, 2017, 10:23:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

So I am new here.  Chryco Psycho invited me to join.  When I go to the restoration tab, I only get one page of restorations, yet it says there are like 100 posts.  How do I access additional pages?  Thanks

Neil, but not Chryco Psycho Neil :stop: :bradsthumb:

headejm

:welcome: nsmall. Glad to have you join. Lots of great knowledge on the site.  :wave:

When you go to "Your restoration project" you can currently see 10 topics/threads and a total of 170 posts amongst the 10 topics. The posts are just comments about a particular topic. Anyone can start a new topic and anyone can post comments under any topic. For a new site that is less than one month old, there is already a lot of very useful information and some really cool videos. Check it all out.

Cuda Cody

:welcome: @nsmall   Thank you for joining us!  And thank you for asking a question when you see something that didn't look right.  I like that!    :ohyeah:   So the front page will show the topics and posts.  The topics in the Restoration category is about 10 right now.  And the posts are around 170 (only 1 page).  If you click on the topic thread you'll see the posts inside.  Some have more posts inside then others, but you should be able to see them all.  There is only one page of topics that have the 170 replies.  The forum is still very new and only about 2 weeks old.  We're growing fast so there will be lots more Restoration threads to come as members share their progress.

Feel free to share any photos of your Cuda you might have.  We would all LOVE to see it!!!!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.   :wave:

nsmall

Thanks.  Totally understand now.  Ill try to post a pic, but just finding a little time to work on the Cuda is a challenge.  I am about to strip the whole car for media blasting and that is an overwhelming idea, but one decision I think will make sense 20 years from now.  I plan to keep the car if you know what I mean. :thankyou:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

@nsmall  You have a huge team of people here that will be more then willing to help you with anything you have questions about.  Don't get overwhelmed.  Take it one small step and a time and you'll have that car restored to like new before you know it!   :bradsthumb:

How's the car look now?   :takepicture:

Quote from: nsmall on January 20, 2017, 10:43:56 AM
Thanks.  Totally understand now.  Ill try to post a pic, but just finding a little time to work on the Cuda is a challenge.  I am about to strip the whole car for media blasting and that is an overwhelming idea, but one decision I think will make sense 20 years from now.  I plan to keep the car if you know what I mean. :thankyou:

nsmall

Here is the car as of now...

ToxicWolf

Great to hear you are stripping the car.  I made the mistake of not doing it ... the first time.   :pullinghair:

Cuda Cody

Looks really good.  What's the story on her?  How long you had it and how's the over all condition?  Is it an original 73 Petty Blue?  I've always wanted a 73 E-Body with a scheduled build date of 308.  Any chance you have the fender tag for your car and was it built on 308?   :smile:

303 Mopar

Welcome to the site.  That Cuda looks beautiful as she sits now!  What are the issues that are making you strip it down?

Chryco Psycho

nsmall

fender tag

So I bought the car and it does look good. One part led to another and I kept buying and buying parts, then decided to make it my own, then decided I love Toxic Orange and now I am trying to finish it.

Yes its a basin street blue Cuda, and I know some of you are sad I am changing the color, but its my car so I am doing what I want.

I never thought I could afford a muscle car.  Always liked Chargers, thought road runners were cool.  Then I somehow was on craigslist, saw a sublime Cuda and somehow starting looking every day for one, 6 month later, bought one.

nsmall

I dont see a 308, but I am sticking with all of the Cuda moldings, but I am doing some minor tweaking that will break some hearts...Color Change, side makers gone, 70 340 hockey strip, delete antenna, AAR spoiler, opened hood scoops. Maybe some Weld Prostar 15 x 8 and 15 X 5 up front one day.

Thanks

Cuda Cody

Nice options!  You're going to love it when it's done with everything you have planned.  That's all that matters.   :bradsthumb:  We'll do our best to help you make it what you want and share as much information that we can along the way.  :handshake:   We'll be eagerly waiting for updates as you transform the car in to your dream!   :popcorn:

anlauto

@nsmall I thought your car has AC ? Why isn't it on the tag ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration