Started by ledphoot, March 28, 2019, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Timbbuc2

Now ain't that neat, wonder when Harbor Freight will have one :thinking:
Get in, I'll drive

71-440

What will they come up with next?

Just a thought for you restoration guys, Can a laser be used to strip the paint down to bare metal?  :notsure:
Joe

jimynick

Jeez, I can't imagine how much THAT thing costs, AND, best hope the shop dog doesn't decide to dash past while doing it, eh? "SORRY Lassie!!"  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

I have seen that before , awesome technology  :twothumbsup:

Daveh

I've seen it done on smaller parts before.  It's amazing to see but super expensive.  But I agree Harbor Freight will offer it soon with the 20% off coupon.   :rofl:

YellowThumper

I can already see it will be outlawed immediately here in California for noxious waste and fumes.
Safer to manually clean and then bury in landfill.  :crazytalk:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Really cool, very expensive at this time. That will change, it always does.
Sheldon

Burdar

Would be interesting to see what finish it leaves on bare cast aluminum.  I think the preferred method of restoring bare aluminum intakes is dry ice blasting.  When the price of this technology comes down, it might be another option.

Timbbuc2

Don't want to advertise,  but the best thing I have seen on the market is Dustless Blasting out of Texas, this process uses water and glass beads. And it does not warp the body panels. Many applications for this. And you don't have sand in every part of a body. Check it out on YouTube, If I was a young man I would invest in this.BUT lol
Get in, I'll drive