Main Menu

looking for correct hole diameter for vinyl top trim to attach to body

Started by 70RTSE383, January 06, 2022, 01:39:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70RTSE383

I have a '50 RT SE at the paint shop and the genius manager thought I wanted to delete the vinyl top so had their people close up the holes. I need to find out the correct size hole or drill size to open these up as well as the holes for the se badges.
is anyone able to measere theirs? Also I have tons or trim hardware but do not know the correct hardware for this trim. Hopefully I have some,

Thanks very much
John
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

headejm

@70RTSE383 I just finished my RTSE and can probably help you through your dilemma. PM me and we can exchange email addresses. Email is much easier to pass information through.

R/T's 4 R/P

Before i took my SE to the body shop I took an impression/ casting of the hole locations and hole sizes. If you don't get what you need let me know.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

BAM

If someone would be able to do some sort of a template for the holes location, would be really interesting. I'm looking for that too, considering i changed all the metal on my car and reproduction panels don't come predrilled  :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: BAM on January 07, 2022, 05:40:41 AM
If someone would be able to do some sort of a template for the holes location, would be really interesting. I'm looking for that too, considering i changed all the metal on my car and reproduction panels don't come predrilled  :dunno:
@BAM @70RTSE383 we have all that information in our reference section...go to page 1, Reply #3  https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

This website is just freakin awesome!  The resource section just amazes me over and over again.

Thanks again  @Cuda Cody  for building such a great site! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70RTSE383

Thanks for the input. I looked in the reference section and found hole locations. I don't think the location will be a problem after they sand off the covering. I need the hole diameter.
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

cuda hunter

Just measured the hole of a 70 barracuda built date of September 15th 1969.
I measured 4 holes and all four were 3/16ths. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee