Main Menu

New Vehicle Laws in California

Started by 303 Mopar, January 08, 2019, 05:55:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Seems CA is getting more strict and charging higher fines with some new laws. This includes a noise/modified exhaust law that carries a $1000 fine.

js27

Wonder why so many people are moving out of Calif ??
JS27

JS29

Now New York will have to follow suit!!!!  :pullinghair: They have to pay there bills some how.!!!!!!!!!   :o

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 08, 2019, 07:00:27 AM
"subjective" that's a great word.

Yup same thing here..... get me outta here!  :headbang:

cuda hunter

California sucks! 

I'm in Colorado and now their politics are moving here.  It's beginning the ruin of this great state.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ToxicWolf

That kind of language is very frightening because it is so open to interpretation.  Run Californians ... RUN!   :bricks:

YellowThumper

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 08, 2019, 07:36:59 AM
California sucks! 

I'm in Colorado and now their politics are moving here.  It's beginning the ruin of this great state.

I'm a Californian and I find your statement offensive!

Ok, not really as I also agree this state is soooo sad with the direction it has gone.  :bricks:

Case in point for moving out.
4 of my immediate family are now in Ok, Washington and Oregon. No other family remains.
2 other semi extended families moved in and then left state within 3 years.
All my High school friends (80s) now reside in other states. Oregon, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma,  etc...

I am the only one who has remained as I have owned my home now for 23 years. Leaving was never really considered until now with this new governor that makes Jerry look like a conservative... And a super majority that will allow an entire agenda to be pushed thru that I expect will push even more business out.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

IRON MAN

The new CA laws seem clear to me. As far as noisy mufflers go, H-D owners are the main offenders. I have owned a Harley for 25 years. My current H-D has Vance & Hines staggered pipes. It has the big bore kit with lumpy 510 twin-cam, Screaming Eagle big valve heads and my neighbors hate it in the morning when I fire it up. On the hwy it is quite at cruising speeds and the CHP's leave me alone. If I jump on it at 60 mph it will BARK!

One out of five neighbors have limo 80% deep tint on their side windows...cops can't tell if they have a gun or drinking while driving.

We have a huge problem with soccer mom's driving while on their cell phones, and driver's slowing down on the freeway when on their cell phone.

So I don't have a problem with the new legislation. The fines/penalties are a bit steep tho.

kawahonda

Tall, close buildings and obnoxious exhausts do not mix. Downtown Boise needs this ordinance too. H-Ds are the worst offenders. Living in a corner house: I can hear more exhausts than average.

What's the problem, other than the subjective nature of it? If I didn't drive with mufflers, I would expect to get pulled over and cited. Maybe Flowmaster 40 owners are starting to sweat...good! :)
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

I'd be much "happier" with a decibel limit, most places use 100 as the limit. At least then whether you like/agree with the law at least you have a real measurable  limit. Having a police officer using "his discretion"  to have his way with you and feed his/her ego is not any sort of justice/fair and just breeds animosity on all sides . Not a good law for anyone IMO 
Sure if you don't actually have a muffler on there and have straight pipes , yup you deserve a ticket. But saying that I have run catalytic converter  with no mufflers and it was pretty quiet.
With window tint around here law enforcement actual have a meter that measures how much light goes thru.  Again like it or not, its an actual measurable limit that EVERYONE  can abide by and not have the good police officers being the bad guys and paramilitary tax collectors.  Laws that encourage corruption are bad laws period!

Cudakiller70

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Gotta love California; then they wonder why people are leaving and tourism is down  :thinking:

BIGSHCLUNK

I would guess no more T-buckets??  :notsure:  As for H-D's... well they're made here so .... Looks like it's all about the $$$... no surprise there.  But we do have a new DEM governor ... can't wait to see what's gonna roll down hill..  :stop: