Main Menu

Actual vehicle weight

Started by Shane Kelley, August 19, 2017, 06:12:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Anybody else know what their car weighs?  Not advertised weight but the actual weight of their vehicle. I put my Cuda on the scale yesterday. Subtracting my weight and 63lbs for 10 gallons of gas mine came in at 3460lbs. I'm actually pretty happy with that.  :banana:

303 Mopar

Wasn't the Cuda 100-200 lbs less than the Challenger?  And 2016 Challengers are almost 1000 lbs heavier.

Shane Kelley

2" longer wheelbase would make sense they weight more. I'm curious if anybody has actually weighed their cars and what the differences really are.  I'm in farm land so it's easy for me. Scale right down the road. The display is on all the time and right there for you to see. Just pull on the scale and there it is. Down side. Dusty, gravel entrance.

Cuda Cody

That's less then I would have thought.  Pretty good for an old car.  :banana:

RUNCHARGER

That's decent. One of my Challengers with shaker, dana, hemi, wing, AM8trk, 15X7's, vinyl roof, PS, PB etc. came in at 3900lbs.
Sheldon

Brads70

Last time I weighed my car it was 3611 with a full tank of fuel. ( without passengers)
LF 1021             RF 1039                                 

LR 771              RR 779   

HP2

Last time I weighed mine it was 3800+/- 50#. I forget the  exact weight, but as a '74, it is  heavier than some earlier models. It also is the heaviest classic mopar I've owned despite being a small block. Since I weigh  180-190, its around 3660 without me in it. I suppose that's not bad, but I'd like it  lighter.

Gassing up the race car by the track scales, I've seen a lot of 3900-4200# E bodies, with gas and driver. Certainly engine and driver size makes a  big difference in it too.

bentpshrods

One of my favorite road trips is to head out of Boise up hwy 55 to Garden valley. There is a small weigh station just above Horseshoe Bend that is hardly ever open, but the scales still give you a digital readout.  With me in the car and a full tank gas it read 3820.  I'm about 220 -- 340/AT car.

autoxcuda

I weighed about a dozen Mopars on very accurate 4 pad digital race scales at the last Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs raceway.

My 68 Barracuda coupe weighs 3209. Not subtracting for gas since I drive it with gas ;)

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

autoxcuda

I brought my digital scales for the Mopar guys to find out what the weight and balance was on their cars.

This is Ed Wogulius's 71 Challenger. 340, 4 spd, t/a hood, aluminum heads, cast iron ex manifolds, full interior, no a/c, power steering car..

Last scale reading pic (#3) is with Ed in the car.

That is F/R 56.4%/43.6% weight split w/o driver. (scale is just reading rear percentage)

F/R 55.6%/44.4% weight split w/driver

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

fc7cuda

Quote from: autoxcuda on August 20, 2017, 12:14:48 AM
I brought my digital scales for the Mopar guys to find out what the weight and balance was on their cars.

This is Ed Wogulius's 71 Challenger. 340, 4 spd, t/a hood, aluminum heads, cast iron ex manifolds, full interior, no a/c, power steering car..

Last scale reading pic (#3) is with Ed in the car.

That is F/R 56.4%/43.6% weight split w/o driver. (scale is just reading rear percentage)

F/R 55.6%/44.4% weight split w/driver

That's cool!  :clapping:

Chryco Psycho

I have weighed my 70 R/T SE 440 4 spd & it was surprisingly light , but it has no options on it with std steering |& brakes & radio delete it weighed 3470

RUNCHARGER

Wow: That's light. That was with a Dana 60 and the SE stuff like vinyl roof and overhead console?
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho