Main Menu

Quality of aftermarket 70 chalk taillight bezels??

Started by atdoray, October 06, 2021, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

atdoray

Has anyone used the reproduction tail light bezels for a 70 challenger. I'm trying to decide between replacing with reproduction vs restoring the originals and I'm curious if anyone has used these and how the fit/quality was. It seems there is only one manufacturer making these and they are the same at the various shops.

anlauto

I used (6) six complete sets from PG Classics so far, I think they look great  :twothumbsup:
You'll find pictures on my website. http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTORATIONS.html
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

I've only used the repop lenses with my rechromed bezels and don't remember having any fitment issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Banana

I have repop ones. Bought them about 6 years ago. Terrible fit, both at the seams (tongue/groove?) where they connect across, and, the stud holes are not fully perpendicular to the taillight body panel and the studs hot the panel as the unit is installed.

I went though 4 sets of repop bezels at the place I purchased them to find ones that had decent chroming (without major waves and dimples).

Maybe the quality control is much better now ??

but for the price I should have went for rechroming of original bezels (which I would guess now could be close to, or more than $1000 with a top shop)

Shane Kelley

I installed a set a few years ago. I don't recall anything jumping out at me as far as fit and finish goes. I'm sure they weren't perfect because nothing is but they looked really nice to me.

Banana