Main Menu

rear vallance

Started by dmastr3665, April 28, 2020, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dmastr3665

can anyone tell me for sure if the rear valance is the same or not, on all cuda e bodys, im the person who is trying to clone a 71 out of a 74 and although iv got a lot of the parts already i haven't bought a new rear valance hoping they are the same for all the years.

392 Cuda

Quote from: dmastr3665 on April 28, 2020, 08:24:31 PM
can anyone tell me for sure if the rear valance is the same or not, on all cuda e bodys, im the person who is trying to clone a 71 out of a 74 and although iv got a lot of the parts already i haven't bought a new rear valance hoping they are the same for all the years.

There are more than a few different part numbers from AMD. I was able to replace a 74 barracuda valance with a new AMD 71 -72 cuda valance.

What have you replaced so far? I plan to eventually convert my Frankenstein 74 to a 71.

JS29

ec_co

my understanding is that they are the same dimensions across the years (obviously different configurations though), but that the AMD panels are just a little bit shy of being correct in dimensions and you need to fiddle with the fitment (about 1/8-1/4" off if I recall).
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Any 1970 to 1974 Cuda/Barracuda rear valance will interchange as far as fitment is concerned. There were changes over the years as far as center support brackets are concerned and also changes to the details along the bottom edge as far as notches for the exhaust for cars without tips, or AARs etc...

If you're cloning a 71, just get the 71+ rear valance supports if your 74 doesn't already have them, and order a 71+ valance :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dmastr3665

i haven't replaced anything as of yet, I have most of the parts fenders, grill, headlight buckets, front valance, rear tail light panel and bumpers and brackets. the rear valance is a 74 with the cutouts so im going to use that as i talked to someone who restores and they said the 70 is different but 71 thru 74 are the same.