Main Menu

S and J Engines

Started by purple1, July 02, 2024, 05:16:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

purple1

I'm trying to find another complete 383 engine. I found this company (S and J Engines) and was checking to see if anyone has had dealings with them? How did it go? This company is located in  Spokane Valley, WA.

Please share any info, good or bad, about this company. Thanks

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

R/T's 4 R/P

If you are looking for a rebuildable 383, I know someone who has one...if that is an option.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

purple1

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on July 02, 2024, 05:23:31 AMIf you are looking for a rebuildable 383, I know someone who has one...if that is an option.

I was looking for a used engine at first that I could rebuild. But then I found this company that will rebuild one for little more than the used one was going to cost me.

I still may be interested in a rebuildable one if this falls through. Looking for something close enough to pick up myself. I am on the east coast in Maryland. So it would need to be within a few hundred miles.

Dave

tparker

My Jeep Cherokee died and I need to get a new engine or rebuild the one I have. I looked at several options and it seems like the going rate for  that engine is about  2500 or so. Online reviews are mixed with all the rebuilders. But, I  think most of the ones that are happy don't post good reviews, so you just get the bad ones.

Anyways, I was kind of leaning towards S&J  for  a few reasons. I liked their webpage, I liked what they promised and a few other things. But a major issue for me was that they didn't have my engine in stock so  I had to send mine to them then wait many, many weeks for it to come back. And I am not even sure my block is OK to rebuild. Shipping is something like $250 or so  each way which  isn't bad. But the truck company also charges you an extra fee if you don't  have a dock to unload onto. Total shipping would have been an extra $500-800  instead of the initial $250 that  peaked my  interest.

I have no idea if these guys are good though. I found this  interesting video where a guy documents his jeep install from S&J. You can search his site for the other videos but here is the one about a Year later where he summarizes his experience. Hope it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToabVeofDvw

R/T's 4 R/P

We are coming to Carlisle.
If your interested it could go in the truck, but you'd need to say something soon.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

purple1

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on July 03, 2024, 05:57:10 AMWe are coming to Carlisle.
If your interested it could go in the truck, but you'd need to say something soon.

I would say yes, but I will have no way to get it home. Come talk to me at the show. I'm usually around the club tent.

Dave