Main Menu

TA Valve Cover Again

Started by VCODE, July 25, 2022, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

Which Drivers side (left Side) valve cover is correct for a 70 Challenger TA 340-6
I see that it has been gone over and over but the pictures are no longer available.
1) You can see the wire loom stand is in a different location 2) The stand has a different shape were plastic holder attaches 3) and one stand has a hole in it.
Thanks Bob

anlauto

The bare metal one in your picture has the correct location for an AAR T/A :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

Alan, not so fast. :takealook: Did you ever see the shape of the stand on top like that and with a hole in it. 

Floyd

I'm going to disagree, partially, with anlauto.  The bare metal one is a later 1973 vintage small block valve cover (part 3671372).  The position of the wire loom stand is correct for TA/AAR but the stand itself is incorrect.  That one has been bent upright and straightened.  The notches along the top portion and hole are incorrect and the stand is about 1/4" shorter than the taller TA/AAR stand.

Here are some pics of an NOS 3671372 that was converted to be correct for my T/A.  I fabbed a part and Resto Rick did the welding.  The orange cover in the background is a original off a T/A.  The grey primer cover is from a 340 4-bbl.

VCODE

Quote from: Floyd on July 25, 2022, 01:18:29 PM
I'm going to disagree, partially, with anlauto.  The bare metal one is a later 1973 vintage small block valve cover (part 3671372).  The position of the wire loom stand is correct for TA/AAR but the stand itself is incorrect.  That one has been bent upright and straightened.  The notches along the top portion and hole are incorrect and the stand is about 1/4" shorter than the taller TA/AAR stand.

Here are some pics of an NOS 3671372 that was converted to be correct for my T/A.  I fabbed a part and Resto Rick did the welding.  The orange cover in the background is a original off a T/A.  The grey primer cover is from a 340 4-bbl.

"Floyd" Bruce, I knew something was wrong I just could not pin point it like you did. :)
Thanks Bob

anlauto

Just coming back to this thread...Corrected my above statement....I was referring to the location only, honestly I've never noted the details of the stand itself before... :worship: thank you Floyd....I enjoy learning new stuff  :drinkingbud:

I'm in the market for 71 340 valve covers, not concerned to much about the little details, if you have any for sale  :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bossgold

here is another example of my TA vs 340 valve covers