Main Menu

Thoughts on FM3 Pink cars ?

Started by anlauto, January 07, 2017, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Look at the Camber on the front wheel!!!!   :rubeyes:  WOW!  Picked up a lot of weight off the front end to get it like that!   

anlauto

Or he does stock car racing on the weekends... :stayinlane: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Some people like and some people hate . . . but I think this would look really good in my garage and I would drive it with pride!! 

:ohyeah:

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

HP_Cuda

Quote from: Markp on January 31, 2017, 09:23:28 AM
The one color in my opinion that just doesn't look good. I will take any other color Challenger or Cuda but that's just me.
:iagree:

I keep thinking of Mary Kay.... blah
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70chall440

I always liked that color, however only when fairly fresh and shiny as it looks horrible when faded. As mentioned, it is a personal preference issue as are all of the high impact colors. I have people all the time talk about my yellow trucks and Viper; some love the colors while others (usually chebbie and furd people) who hate it.

As to the value, I believe that the color will increase the value due to the low number produced. Investors all like exclusivity and low production numbers are just that. Investors do not buy cars to drive typically, they buy them to sell them later so the color only adds to the value. We tend to think like consumers/enthusiasts where color speaks to us personally, however as an investor the color only enhances, stabilizes or detracts from long term value.
Mopar or no car!!!

anlauto

I was talking with another friend today who has a V code FM3 70 Challenger project. After several years of searching he finally tracked down the original owner this past weekend.

The car is fairly local to us, so for years he's been asking if anybody remembers a pink Challenger around town...to no avail ..

So well on the phone with the original owner....The guy tells him that he remembered seeing the car on the showroom floor and hated the colour, but loved the 440+6, 4spd, 4:10 Dana.....He told the salesman he would buy it if they painted it another colour....so the story goes, it left the dealer with a quick FC7 paint job and never hit the streets wearing pink... :toast:
So never say never.... :Thud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

That doesn't surprise me at all . . Probably happened more than once!  I heard stories about the superbird cars and customers making them take off the nose cone and wing before they would buy them . . .

70chall440

Somewhat of a similar story, I was talking to a friend of mine who I grew up with building and racing Mopars; he asks me if I remember his pink TA? I responded with "the only TA I remember you having was the blue one", he said "it was originally pink but I hated it and painted it the day I bought it... He then commented on how he wish he still had it...
Mopar or no car!!!

Spikedog08

On another note . . I would love to have a pink AAR!  That would be awesome!   :yes:

anlauto

There's an original owner pink T/A here in Georgetown that spent most of it's life painted blue.
It's back to pink now...4spd car, black top white interior.  :drooling: