Main Menu

Thoughts on FM3 Pink cars ?

Started by anlauto, January 07, 2017, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I have a friend who is a pretty private guy, owns a couple of pretty cool cars, but never really shows them off. He works at Chrysler and is thinking of retiring real soon but was thinking of selling one of his very rare cars.
His car is a very very nice older restoration with all the correct parts....
...and it's FM3....

A 1970 U code 440 auto Challenger R/T, factory FM3 with a V6M magenta stripe from the factory. :inlove:

My question(s) are:

#1 Does this colour combo really increase the price over other colours ?
#2 Does this colour combo increase the desirability or sale-ability ?

In other words, if he chooses to sell, will it go pretty quick and fetch a big dollar ?

It's in the FM3 registry, that's where I stole these pictures. :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

IMO it adds a lot to the value.  OUt of all the High Impact colors it has to be one of the rarest.  But rare does not just equal more money, right?  It's how much do people want to pay for the rarity.  And I think people will step up big for a really nice 440 FM3 Challenger.  Just my  :alan2cents:

blown motor

It's one of, if not THE last colours I would buy. It doesn't matter to me what other options it has or how rare it is, I can't get past the colour.  :alan2cents:
Oh that's funny! I clicked on the two pennies and in the text box it says : alan2cents : I take it that's your handy work Cody. Good job!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Yes, @anlauto  is famous for using the 2 cent smiley so he got the html code named after him.   alan2cents   :alan2cents:   :D

Shoooter

It all depends on who the buyer is. FM3 on a cuda or challenger is the only way I would own one of these car. FM3 is very rare and being on a U code will add value forsure in my eyes.  It might just take longer for a buyer as the colour isn't everyone's favorite. Very cool car, it should bring good money

ec_co

just my take. I personally am not a big fan of FM3, nothing against it, just not my 1st or even 5th choice. that said, I believe the rarity of the color combined with the rare stripe and being a U code certainly makes it a one of one and desirable to not only Mopar collectors but also to any ladies (or men, no judgements, lol) that love pink and want a kick ass muscle car - not many pink muscle cars of any brand out there, so at a decent auction it should draw some extra bidders that wouldn't otherwise look at it. my 2 alan cents  :D
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

headejm

Color is a personal preference. I've seen a nice FM3 T/A but I think the black T/A stripes help break up the wall of pink. This car will probably go into someone's big collection because I'm pretty sure no one else has one of these. Rarity will drive the price. I personally, would not want a FM3 car unless it was one of 10 or so E-bodies that I owned. I'm not sure people on the street would take a pink car serious. :alan2cents:  :alan2cents:  :alan2cents:

Brads70

:notsure:  for some reason it doesn't grab me on a Challenger? On some Cuda's/Barracuda's I like it but for some reason not on this Challenger?
:thinking:  :idea:  I guess Challengers are more of a mans car and Cuda's are more for women cars?
:stop: :Stirring: :rofl: 
( Sorry couldn't resist!) :)

fc7cuda

I think it would sell fast.

Most likely by another high end collector looking for a car that will generate a lot of attention, and possibly get them press in a magazine or when they eventually sell it at auction.  It probably could sell it with afew phone calls and not even be advertised it publicly. 

I appreciate it as an example of what you could order from Chrysler back in the day...and they would build it! :takealook:

Tom

303 Mopar

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 08, 2017, 06:10:30 AM
Most likely by another high end collector looking for a car that will generate a lot of attention, and possibly get them press in a magazine or when they eventually sell it at auction.  It probably could sell it with a few phone calls and not even be advertised it publicly. 

I agree with Tom that it will take a high end collector to buy this at top dollar.  And that is not going to happen through Craigslist or eBay.  A couple of calls to the right people, like the Tim Welborn's of the world, will spark someones interest.

anlauto

I'm pretty sure the car now has the correct PolyGlas tires and like I said, it's a real nice restoration. but I don't see a six figure car by any means....Maybe at a drunken BJ type auction....
Also, the owner really isn't up to date with the market, so I'm not sure what his expectation of "big dollars" is.

...and I agree...no advertising needed on this one. I helped him sell his Hemi Challenger project with no advertising...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

Quote from: roadman on January 08, 2017, 06:16:48 AM
      This car is crossing the block at Mecum today.   https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-267938/1970-plymouth-cuda/

With no reserve it's true worth will be revealed. Mark, post up the results please.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Roadman

Quote from: blown motor on January 08, 2017, 07:57:55 AM
Quote from: roadman on January 08, 2017, 06:16:48 AM
      This car is crossing the block at Mecum today.   https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-267938/1970-plymouth-cuda/

With no reserve it's true worth will be revealed. Mark, post up the results please.
Will do.    :slapme5: