Started by anlauto, January 07, 2017, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

How about this....my other friend has been trying to sell his U code 440 auto 70 R/T Challenger which is FC7 purple with a white painted top....He has invested $135K in the nicest restoration I've seen, yet it won't sell at his current asking price of $85K USD.....Will FM3 help this other car sell for more then $85K USD ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Quote from: roadman on January 08, 2017, 06:16:48 AM
      This car is crossing the block at Mecum today.   https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-267938/1970-plymouth-cuda/

SOLD, 67K  at no reserve.    :cooldance:

headejm

Quote from: Brads70 on January 08, 2017, 01:21:16 AM
:notsure:  for some reason it doesn't grab me on a Challenger? On some Cuda's/Barracuda's I like it but for some reason not on this Challenger?
:thinking:  :idea:  I guess Challengers are more of a mans car and Cuda's are more for women cars?
:stop: :Stirring: :rofl: 
( Sorry couldn't resist!) :)

:iagree:  :rofl:

Cuda Cody

I think $85 might be soft.  It might not be a six figure car, but it should be dang close.  Big Block high impact (rare) FM3 and done at a high level.  I put the number around $90K.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Thanks for the input....I'm going to talk to him, see where he's at... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

I would say that FM3 will limit the buyers available as it really is a love or hate thing but that would not limit the price as the buyer who wants them may pay large to get them 

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 08, 2017, 07:26:12 PM
I would say that FM3 will limit the buyers available as it really is a love or hate thing but that would not limit the price as the buyer who wants them may pay large to get them

Yea that makes a lot of sense :brainiac:

Finoke

My friend used to own an FM3 T/A. The only thing I have to add here is that women loved this car. Men not so much. But the women. My gosh they all could not walk by it without stopping and taking pictures.

headejm

Quote from: Finoke on January 09, 2017, 06:12:52 AM
My friend used to own an FM3 T/A. The only thing I have to add here is that women loved this car. Men not so much. But the women. My gosh they all could not walk by it without stopping and taking pictures.

Probably a good reason to buy a pink car!  :ohyeah:

bjmiles69

Saw a FM3 'cuda 383 with ultra rare magenta strobe stripes at Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. Originally it had a V1W vinyl top but the owner wanted without it while it was through rotisserie restoration. I am sure it costs more than $67k because of bigger 383?

anlauto

383 is actually the standard engine in all 70-71 Cudas so typically any other engine size will bring more money because of the lower production numbers and desirability :alan2cents:

RzeroB

I think it being FM3 is an asset. Market trends in this hobby change all the time, but one constant seems to be "collectability" (if that is even a word?). People seem to want something that is rare and unique - hence the trend of advertising your car as being rare and "one" of something.

Personally, I use to dislike FM3 back in the day - thought it looked too "Pepto Bismol" for me. But today I think a fresh resto in base/clear FM3 rocks! Go figure? Funny but today I would say that it is one of my top three color choices along with FJ6 and GY3. Guess I now like those really "high impact" colors that jump out and grab you!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RUNCHARGER

I had one for 18 years. I don't want another one as I've been there and done that however I believe if you want something that stands out and gets people talking there is nothing like it. IMHO FM3 looks the best on a Challenger R/T especially if cut with a hood blackout and black vinyl roof. An all FM3 car is just too much and a B-body is too big to wear it well.
As an aside when I bought mine in 1980, people liked to laugh about the faded pink colour, part of the reason I swapped big power into it and made a lot of money street racing with it. I wiped the smiles off a lot of faces and picked their pockets with that car.

Sheldon
Sheldon

Markp

The one color in my opinion that just doesn't look good. I will take any other color Challenger or Cuda but that's just me.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP